Helpful Links

Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

AML
Teacher

Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

Verizon and Sprint will unlock phone so their customers can use local sim cards during international travel. Will AT&T match this?

25,108 Views
Message 1 of 41

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?


wingrider01 wrote:

not really sure what you are saying but simple fact it is a business tool for a lot of people, kind of hard to have a "face to face" meeting when the people meeting span the globe and are in different times zones, when the technology in the world has advanced so that you gave have a face to face meeting in the morning in london, then attend a face to face meeting in Osaka 2 hours later , then one in Rio De Janeiro to round out the day is when the need for data and voice concurrently is no longer needed.



Whatever you say...

 

You must be impossible to live with, is that why you're always on the road?

 

Kinda like my wife is always asking  "when is your next trip?"

 

 

Message 31 of 41

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

How I can know if it is elegible ???

Message 32 of 41

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

AT&T won't unlock any iPhone under any circumstances. There is no eligibility test to pass. There is no way for you to unlock your iPhone, at least via AT&T.
Message 33 of 41
Professor

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?


CristobalValdes wrote:

How I can know if it is elegible ???


When you purchased it, you purchased a SIM-UNLOCKED iPhone from Apple. If it works with a non-at&t sim, then you know it's sim-unlocked (this is running stock firmware)

 

Message 34 of 41
Expert

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?


wireless-user wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

not really sure what you are saying but simple fact it is a business tool for a lot of people, kind of hard to have a "face to face" meeting when the people meeting span the globe and are in different times zones, when the technology in the world has advanced so that you gave have a face to face meeting in the morning in london, then attend a face to face meeting in Osaka 2 hours later , then one in Rio De Janeiro to round out the day is when the need for data and voice concurrently is no longer needed.



Whatever you say...

 

You must be impossible to live with, is that why you're always on the road?

 

Kinda like my wife is always asking  "when is your next trip?"

 

 


3 childern so I don;t think so, I travel a lot that is true, but to grow the business that is mandatory, helps pays for the neat toys and 3 month vacations in warmer locations when winter hits, have never had a complaint at all from the wife, the kids or their tutor

Message 35 of 41
Expert

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?


CristobalValdes wrote:

How I can know if it is elegible ???



If you bought it from Apple at full retail cost and it specificly states "sim unlocked" then it is eligible

Message 36 of 41
Guru

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?


wingrider01 wrote:

tonester wrote:

wireless-user wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:
 Do know one thing their heads down road warriors of the company will be really displeased by the simple fact that one verizon one cannot have a conversation and access data at the same time. Makes for having conference for business collberation of a new deal impossible


You've been watching too many at&t commercials.  Surfing and talking isn't a requirement for me, or for that matter I've never seen anyone need it or demand that function. In the example you cite my laptop serves the purpose much better.

 

While I am a high tech nerd, the phone (to me) is a phone first and everything else is a much lower priority.

 

I hope to keep you amused for a few months longer.  Smiley Happy

 

Cheers,


LOL I hear you there--whatever happened to the days when a cellphone's main--if not only--function was simply to make and receive phone calls?  Nowadays, a cellphone isn't a cellphone unless you can install apps on it to make f*rt sounds, socialize online with faceless people at restaurants because you prefer doing that over talking to your dinner companion(s), or dress it up with some useless bling so that people can not only see that you're making or receiving calls, but to make sure that they can see how stylish and/or cool you look while you're doing so.


not really sure what you are saying but simple fact it is a business tool for a lot of people...


LOL yes it is a business tool for a lot of people...just as it was likely a business tool for people almost 20 years ago...but surely the people using them back then weren't inconvenienced just because they couldn't surf the internet or check their email from their cellphones.  Lemme ask you this--would most businesses suffer tremendously if those folks working for said businesses who needed to use cellphones as part of their regular business duties had to rely on using a dumbphone instead of a smartphone?  My oh my, how did they manage to get by almost two decades ago when there was hardly such a thing as a smartphone and the only thing that cellphones could do was, golly gee, just make and receive calls?

 

My point is that cellphones were in use long before smartphones proliferated...nobody complained back then about cellphone functionality cramping their business and/or personal lifestyle.  Or are you implying that your exposure to cellphones began only after the iPhone came out?  If so, then I can see how people like yourself would take for granted a cellphone's primary--and when first released, only function--namely, to make and receive calls.

Message 37 of 41

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

How I can know if it is elegible ???

Message 38 of 41

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

So please help me.

My Imei is 012418007178627

Or what I should do ???
Message 39 of 41

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?

My is 4G 

Imei    012418007178627

 

Please help everything is OK with AT&T no debts ....

Message 40 of 41
Highlighted
Master

Re: Unlock iPhone 4S for international travel?


CristobalValdes wrote:

How I can know if it is elegible ???


Not reading your other posts, where did you buy your iPHone?  

 

Did you get it at a discount?  If you got your iPhone at a discount, you are NOT eligible for an unlock.  

 

If you bought a non-contract iPHone from Apple but NOT the non-contract unlocked version, you are NOT eligible.  

 

If you paid for an unlocked iPHone from Apple directly your iPhone WILL work with an SIM from another carrier.

_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 41 of 41
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support