(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2011 10:53:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

In a recent announcement:

Motorola said:
In terms of your question – we completely understand the operator requirement for security to the end user, and as well, want to support the developer communities desire to use these products as a development platform. It is our intention to enable the unlockable/relockable bootloader currently found on Motorola XOOM across our portfolio of devices starting in late 2011, where carriers and operators will allow it.

Let's hope this includes the Atrix. Otherwise, we're looking at a potential bootloader bypass via kexec. All they really need is a kernel that works.

In a recent announcement:

Motorola said:
In terms of your question – we completely understand the operator requirement for security to the end user, and as well, want to support the developer communities desire to use these products as a development platform. It is our intention to enable the unlockable/relockable bootloader currently found on Motorola XOOM across our portfolio of devices starting in late 2011, where carriers and operators will allow it.

Let's hope this includes the Atrix. Otherwise, we're looking at a potential bootloader bypass via kexec. All they really need is a kernel that works.

Re: Unlock The Atrix Bootloader

2 of 5 (973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 10:46:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

Can it be true? I don't trust either Motorola or ATT. This is probably just some tactic to keep us quite for sometime.

Can it be true? I don't trust either Motorola or ATT. This is probably just some tactic to keep us quite for sometime.

3 of 5 (905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2011 8:34:55 PM
(0)
Mentor
Irwin is getting ready to hit at&t just as he did motorola
Irwin is getting ready to hit at&t just as he did motorola

4 of 5 (881 Views)