Unlock Phone from ebay

Highlighted
Contributor

Unlock Phone from ebay

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a HTC Aria from ebay which is locked to AT&T, but I do not have a AT&T account.

I found a post on another forum that said non-AT&T customers were able to get the inlock codes from AT&T for free. Is this true?

Is is possible for me to get an unlock code from AT&T, or do I need to use one of the online unlocking websites?

If I need to use one of the websites, does anyone have any suggestions on which ones are best?

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Unlock Phone from ebay

Lately ATT has not assisted non-customers with iPhones.  I am not sure if this is true for other phones but I would not be surprised if they are now only assiting current or previous customers.  If you need the phone unlocked, have the seller do it for you and get a money back guarantee.  Until you actually have the phone and call, you won't know for sure.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I know that they never allowed anyone to unlock iPhones, but I have read on several different forums that they will do it for most other phones. I guess I'll probally buy it and try to get AT&T to unlock it. It's only $14 on some websites to it won't be to bad. I'll post the results if I do win one on ebay. Thanks for the insight!

Message 3 of 4
Professor

sjhaffner2 wrote:

I found a post on another forum that said non-AT&T customers were able to get the inlock codes from AT&T for free. Is this true?

This is false.  AT&T will only give unlock codes to post-paid account holders, in good standing for at least 90 days.

Your best bet is a paid unlock services.  They can be found on eBay also.   Which I would probably prefer, as you can use Paypal and also choose a vendor with a good rating.  I found a vendor on eBay offering to unlock for $3.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support