Posted May 20, 2012
3:04:08 PM
View profile
Unlock Phone from ebay

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a HTC Aria from ebay which is locked to AT&T, but I do not have a AT&T account.

I found a post on another forum that said non-AT&T customers were able to get the inlock codes from AT&T for free. Is this true?

Is is possible for me to get an unlock code from AT&T, or do I need to use one of the online unlocking websites?

If I need to use one of the websites, does anyone have any suggestions on which ones are best?

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a HTC Aria from ebay which is locked to AT&T, but I do not have a AT&T account.

I found a post on another forum that said non-AT&T customers were able to get the inlock codes from AT&T for free. Is this true?

Is is possible for me to get an unlock code from AT&T, or do I need to use one of the online unlocking websites?

If I need to use one of the websites, does anyone have any suggestions on which ones are best?

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Unlock Phone from ebay

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2012 4:58:44 PM
(0)
Master

Lately ATT has not assisted non-customers with iPhones.  I am not sure if this is true for other phones but I would not be surprised if they are now only assiting current or previous customers.  If you need the phone unlocked, have the seller do it for you and get a money back guarantee.  Until you actually have the phone and call, you won't know for sure.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Lately ATT has not assisted non-customers with iPhones.  I am not sure if this is true for other phones but I would not be surprised if they are now only assiting current or previous customers.  If you need the phone unlocked, have the seller do it for you and get a money back guarantee.  Until you actually have the phone and call, you won't know for sure.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Unlock Phone from ebay

2 of 4 (2,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2012 6:33:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I know that they never allowed anyone to unlock iPhones, but I have read on several different forums that they will do it for most other phones. I guess I'll probally buy it and try to get AT&T to unlock it. It's only $14 on some websites to it won't be to bad. I'll post the results if I do win one on ebay. Thanks for the insight!

I know that they never allowed anyone to unlock iPhones, but I have read on several different forums that they will do it for most other phones. I guess I'll probally buy it and try to get AT&T to unlock it. It's only $14 on some websites to it won't be to bad. I'll post the results if I do win one on ebay. Thanks for the insight!

3 of 4 (2,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2012 7:34:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on May 21, 2012 at 7:37:16 AM

sjhaffner2 wrote:

This is false.  AT&T will only give unlock codes to post-paid account holders, in good standing for at least 90 days.

Your best bet is a paid unlock services.  They can be found on eBay also.   Which I would probably prefer, as you can use Paypal and also choose a vendor with a good rating.  I found a vendor on eBay offering to unlock for $3.

sjhaffner2 wrote:

This is false.  AT&T will only give unlock codes to post-paid account holders, in good standing for at least 90 days.

Your best bet is a paid unlock services.  They can be found on eBay also.   Which I would probably prefer, as you can use Paypal and also choose a vendor with a good rating.  I found a vendor on eBay offering to unlock for $3.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (1,979 Views)