Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 17, 2012
6:05:58 AM
Unlock Iphone 4 if you move to another country

After some years living in US I returned to Chile my country of origin and my Iphone is locked for my new company.

I finished the contract well with AT&T and after 18 contract months the device is mine but Locked.

I need that AT&T give me the support to Unlock my phone so I can use it correctly in Chile.

Please help

Slds

CV

After some years living in US I returned to Chile my country of origin and my Iphone is locked for my new company.

I finished the contract well with AT&T and after 18 contract months the device is mine but Locked.

I need that AT&T give me the support to Unlock my phone so I can use it correctly in Chile.

Please help

Slds

CV

Unlock Iphone 4 if you move to another country

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 6:43:05 AM
(0)
Guru

If you had just READ the list of topics on the first page you would have gotten your answer!! AT&T nor Apple will unlock your phone!!

Case closed! 

CristobalValdes wrote:

Please help

Slds

CV

If you had just READ the list of topics on the first page you would have gotten your answer!! AT&T nor Apple will unlock your phone!!

Case closed! 

CristobalValdes wrote:

Please help

Slds

CV

Re: Unlock Iphone 4 if you move to another country

2 of 7 (9,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 6:54:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

So My Iphone is dead now I need to send it to US and sell it to Ebay at big discount .... After I have been an excellent client for AT&T ....

Finally is not my Iphone after I fullfill the 18 months contract ???? If it is mine why I cannot use it freely ??

So My Iphone is dead now I need to send it to US and sell it to Ebay at big discount .... After I have been an excellent client for AT&T ....

Finally is not my Iphone after I fullfill the 18 months contract ???? If it is mine why I cannot use it freely ??

3 of 7 (9,041 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 7:02:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Because you didn't read the license you accepted when you purchased it, that's why.

I don't work for Apple or AT&T, but that's what the terms are on SIM locked devices, and it is disclosed. You can now either sell it and get a sim-unlocked device, or keep it and find some way to sim-unlock it yourself.

Use Google to find sites where that is discussed, it's NOT allowed to discuss it here.

Because you didn't read the license you accepted when you purchased it, that's why.

I don't work for Apple or AT&T, but that's what the terms are on SIM locked devices, and it is disclosed. You can now either sell it and get a sim-unlocked device, or keep it and find some way to sim-unlock it yourself.

Use Google to find sites where that is discussed, it's NOT allowed to discuss it here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (9,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 7:08:00 AM
(0)
Guru

The iPhone IS yours to do what you please but it is LOCKED to AT&T and they will NOT unlock it!! Sell it on Ebay or Craigslist and then go to Apple and purchase a carrier unlocked iPhone from them.

If you need more explanation PLEASE read all the other "unlock iPhone" topics on the first page for additional answers!!

Here is just one thread; there are MANY more!!   http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPhone/iPhone-4s-outside-US-to-be-used-Needs-unlock/td-p/3025807

CristobalValdes wrote:

The iPhone IS yours to do what you please but it is LOCKED to AT&T and they will NOT unlock it!! Sell it on Ebay or Craigslist and then go to Apple and purchase a carrier unlocked iPhone from them.

If you need more explanation PLEASE read all the other "unlock iPhone" topics on the first page for additional answers!!

Here is just one thread; there are MANY more!!   http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPhone/iPhone-4s-outside-US-to-be-used-Needs-unlock/td-p/3025807

CristobalValdes wrote:

5 of 7 (9,029 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 8:27:31 AM
(0)
Expert

6 of 7 (8,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 8:38:41 AM
(0)
Guru
You were only with AT&T for 18 months and you consider yourself an excellent client??? I've been with AT&T for 8 years... What kind of client does that make me?

No one is or should be loyal to a carrier. I have been with AT&T for 8 years and am happy so far but would leave if I found the same or better service for a better price from a different carrier.
You were only with AT&T for 18 months and you consider yourself an excellent client??? I've been with AT&T for 8 years... What kind of client does that make me?

No one is or should be loyal to a carrier. I have been with AT&T for 8 years and am happy so far but would leave if I found the same or better service for a better price from a different carrier.

7 of 7 (8,995 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments