Unlock Iphone 4 if you move to another country

Unlock Iphone 4 if you move to another country

After some years living in US I returned to Chile my country of origin and my Iphone is locked for my new company.

I finished the contract well with AT&T and after 18 contract months the device is mine but Locked.

I need that AT&T give me the support to Unlock my phone so I can use it correctly in Chile.

Please help

Slds

CV

Message 1 of 7 (9,069 Views)

Re: Unlock Iphone 4 if you move to another country

If you had just READ the list of topics on the first page you would have gotten your answer!! AT&T nor Apple will unlock your phone!!

Case closed! 

CristobalValdes wrote:

After some years living in US I returned to Chile my country of origin and my Iphone is locked for my new company.

I finished the contract well with AT&T and after 18 contract months the device is mine but Locked.

I need that AT&T give me the support to Unlock my phone so I can use it correctly in Chile.

Please help

Slds

CV

Message 2 of 7 (9,064 Views)

So My Iphone is dead now I need to send it to US and sell it to Ebay at big discount .... After I have been an excellent client for AT&T ....

Finally is not my Iphone after I fullfill the 18 months contract ???? If it is mine why I cannot use it freely ??

Message 3 of 7 (9,056 Views)
ACE - Professor

Because you didn't read the license you accepted when you purchased it, that's why.

I don't work for Apple or AT&T, but that's what the terms are on SIM locked devices, and it is disclosed. You can now either sell it and get a sim-unlocked device, or keep it and find some way to sim-unlock it yourself.

Use Google to find sites where that is discussed, it's NOT allowed to discuss it here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (9,048 Views)

The iPhone IS yours to do what you please but it is LOCKED to AT&T and they will NOT unlock it!! Sell it on Ebay or Craigslist and then go to Apple and purchase a carrier unlocked iPhone from them.

If you need more explanation PLEASE read all the other "unlock iPhone" topics on the first page for additional answers!!

Here is just one thread; there are MANY more!!   http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPhone/iPhone-4s-outside-US-to-be-used-Needs-unlock/td-p/3025807

CristobalValdes wrote:

So My Iphone is dead now I need to send it to US and sell it to Ebay at big discount .... After I have been an excellent client for AT&T ....

Finally is not my Iphone after I fullfill the 18 months contract ???? If it is mine why I cannot use it freely ??

Message 5 of 7 (9,044 Views)
Expert

Message 6 of 7 (9,014 Views)
Guru

You were only with AT&T for 18 months and you consider yourself an excellent client??? I've been with AT&T for 8 years... What kind of client does that make me?

No one is or should be loyal to a carrier. I have been with AT&T for 8 years and am happy so far but would leave if I found the same or better service for a better price from a different carrier.
Message 7 of 7 (9,010 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.