Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular

Contributor

Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular

If anyone needs assitence with this, please contact me directly at {Personal content edited to prevent spam} I was on the phone with At@t and samsung for hours but we finally figured out how to do it properly. I will gladly help anyone with any small issue about the unlock!

email is {Personal content edited to prevent spam. Please use private message box --> List Private Messages Thank you.}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 02-09-2008 11:19:00 PM
Message 1 of 40
Contributor

Re: Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular

I think I finally have a sucessful unlock

Have been through 2 level 1 ATT service reps, 1 level 2 ATT tech, who contacted Samsung and then went through level 1 and finally to a level 2 Samsung rep

The info here  finally worked for me - ATT is giving out wrong info (sigh) - have been through multiple "Sim failure messages"

The correct sequence is:

Do not take your ATT sim card out! you must have it in on BJ2. (ATT keeps telling you to take the Sim card out)

From the home page

#7465625*638*      You will change to a network unlock screen

hit the function key several times - in the upper right hand corner next to the signal strength bars you will cycle through   abc   Fn  123#

stop at 123# ( you are locked in a numeric mode )

enter your unlock key  then enter either a # (told to by tech, but did not work for me) or soft key "OK"

You should get a message indicating a sucessful network unlock

The tech assures me that that message is the final sucessful unlock ( will test with another network tomorrow)

Last but not least - The phone will lock/freeze after 5 tries with the sim card in so be very careful!

Hope this works for you - I'll let all know if my phone works with a different network

Steve

Message 16 of 40

I have followed the above posted instructions to the dot.  I have my unlock key and verified twice that is the right code from customer service.  Everytime I do the instructions , I get the error , "Fail to Set Locking Status".  This is with my AT&T sim card in there.  I have tried with other sims and no sims and got nothing.  Can anybody please shed some light on this matter, I'm tired of talking to customer service.

One thing to note is when I cycle through input mode, it shows abc FN then 123, I never get the 123# as stated above.  However when I type the numbers (while its in 123 in the upper right screen) it does not change.  

I know I have tried more then 5 times, I was told it may be locked and wait 12 hours, I have no clue whether that is valid or not.  My phone is working perfectly on AT & T network so I don't believe its locked.  

Would apprecriate any input, thanks.

Message 17 of 40
Master

123 is the right mode.

If you can't get it unlocked, call CSR and verify your phone's IMEI number. If they used wrong number to generate unlock code, it won't work.

Locked means you can no longer unlock it. It doesn't mean it won't work on AT&T.

Message 18 of 40

I have verified the IMEI number as well as the unlock code , and I had the correct one.  The customer service rep was telling me that I need another sim card to use and unlock and I told them that is wrong , the AT & T simcard has to be in the phone.  They then said that I should go to a store and have them unlock but they have the same instructions as the customer service reps.  I have no clue now.

So:

Correct IMEI number

Correct Unlock number

Followed instructions and still getting "Fail to Lock Status" message.

Please help!!!!

Message 19 of 40
Master

Maybe your phone is unlocked already. Did you try a SIM card from different carrier? You don't need to have AT&T sim card in. In fact, I remember it is easier to simply put in a t-mobile SIM card and it will prompt for unlock code. No need to follow the instructions.
Message 20 of 40

Thanks for your reply.  I did not have access to a T-mobile sim card, but I do have a card from overseas. When I put that in, it says Searching, then goes into Emergency service.  I tried the unlock procedure with that sim card and no luck.  I have no clue on what to do next.  The customer service rep said stop by a store , but I believe they will have the same unlock directions I already have.  Any guidance on what to do?
Message 21 of 40
Master

Sounds to me your phone is already unlocked. Otherwise, you will get a prompt say that SIM card is not support because your phone is locked to AT&T. As for whether or not it can find a network is dependent upon what kind of roaming agreement between that oversea carrier and US carriers. In your case, there is probably no roaming agreement and hence it won't find any network.
Message 22 of 40

First of all thanks for your quick replies , you are really helping!  Well if that is the case, I will try get my hands on a T-mobile sim card and see how it goes. Will keep you updated , thanks again!
Message 23 of 40
Contributor

I am a newcomer to the board, although I ran into the same problem trying to unlock my BJ2 with the sim card removed. Thanks to srock for great tips. One quick question: I've tried it numerous times (not sure more or less than 5) without sim card in it, did it count as those 5 chances I have? This is related to the response by sayfulhaqq's several messages. I wonder if he/she already figured out whether his/her BJ2 was already unlocked when he/she got the message "Fail to Set Locking Status".

Any pointers will be really appreciated. 

Message 24 of 40
Professor

yauyeh wrote:

I am a newcomer to the board, although I ran into the same problem trying to unlock my BJ2 with the sim card removed. Thanks to srock for great tips. One quick question: I've tried it numerous times (not sure more or less than 5) without sim card in it, did it count as those 5 chances I have? This is related to the response by sayfulhaqq's several messages. I wonder if he/she already figured out whether his/her BJ2 was already unlocked when he/she got the message "Fail to Set Locking Status".

Any pointers will be really appreciated. 

Srock advised to leave the SIM card in for the Blackjack2. Were all your tries with the SIM card out? If so, then the 5 time limit would not affect your SIM since it was not inserted when you tried to unlock your BJ2. Put the SIM card in and try to unlock your BJ2 once. If it doesn't work, I'd go into a corporate store with the unlock information and see if they can help. Remember to tell them how many times you have tried to enter the unlock information.  Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 25 of 40
Contributor

I am posting this for anyone who's had trouble unlocking BJ2 and am looking at messgaes posted in this board. The instructions by Steve (aka srock, message #16) work like charm. Follow his instructions to unlock your BJ2 (especially the point of leaving the sim card in, not removed). If everything works, you should get a message that says "successfully disabling locking status" on the BJ2 screen.

Good Luck!

Message 26 of 40
Professor

yauyeh wrote:

I am posting this for anyone who's had trouble unlocking BJ2 and am looking at messgaes posted in this board. The instructions by Steve (aka srock, message #16) work like charm. Follow his instructions to unlock your BJ2 (especially the point of leaving the sim card in, not removed). If everything works, you should get a message that says "successfully disabling locking status" on the BJ2 screen.

Good Luck!

That's great news. If you're gonna hang around this forum, it would be a great idea if you start a Blackjack2 notes doc so you can put good to know stuff on it. I've been doing it siince September and I have tons of quick fix' notes for me and I can copy and paste them into replies to help other users.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 27 of 40
Contributor

Hi Ghostryder

I bought my ATT BJ2 in the states last year when I was working for the US division of my employers. I am back in the UK and my BJ2 is locked to ATT for internet access etc, and wont accept local network settings for O2 and use them for the default connection. I no longer have my ATT sim, and I'd really appreciate your help in getting this darned thing unlocked so I can do more than just make voice calls.

Can you suggest anything?

many thanks

Patrick { Personal information edited to prevent spam }

Message Edited by Caretaker on 08-05-2009 06:25:27 AM
Message 28 of 40
Professor

patrickjolly wrote:

Hi Ghostryder

I bought my ATT BJ2 in the states last year when I was working for the US division of my employers. I am back in the UK and my BJ2 is locked to ATT for internet access etc, and wont accept local network settings for O2 and use them for the default connection. I no longer have my ATT sim, and I'd really appreciate your help in getting this darned thing unlocked so I can do more than just make voice calls.

Can you suggest anything?

many thanks

Patrick { Personal information edited to prevent spam }

Good day Patrick, give this a try. And you may have to call AT&T in the US to get the unlock code, unless there is an AT&T provider there in teh UK.

Get your IMEI code, located under the battery of the Blackjack 2 and call your provider. Advise that you will be traveling out of the country or in your case, already gone, and you need your phone unlocked. As long as you are a customer in good standing and your bill is up to date, you will be given an unlock code specific only to your phone, NOT any other phone of the same type.

Here are the contact numbers for AT&T US:

Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

After hours Support: 1-866-801-3600

International Care Center at 1-916-843-4685 (As long as you have been a customer of AT&T longer than 3 months you can call their International Care Center and request an unlock code)

Please let me know if you were successful.

Message Edited by ghostryder on 08-05-2009 06:22:34 AM
Message Edited by Caretaker on 08-05-2009 06:25:46 AM

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 29 of 40
Contributor

Have been able to test unlock procedure that I laid out in a prior posting several months ago in this thread.

It clearly works!

I have been able to access the networks on

ATT (of course)

TMobile in US and Europe

Orange (Europe)

One last thing:

After the unlock, I waited until I had a new phone (which is why I didnt post earlier)  and then reset the Blackjack (I of course lost my contact list) but all was safe in a backup.

All was well then

The networks do take a minute or so to come up - but come up they do

Have fun all!

Steve

Message 30 of 40
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support