Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 9, 2008
5:42:03 PM
View profile
Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular
Edited by mod.moose on Feb 9, 2008 at 11:19:00 PM
If anyone needs assitence with this, please contact me directly at {Personal content edited to prevent spam} I was on the phone with At@t and samsung for hours but we finally figured out how to do it properly. I will gladly help anyone with any small issue about the unlock!

email is {Personal content edited to prevent spam. Please use private message box --> List Private Messages Thank you.}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 02-09-2008 11:19:00 PM
If anyone needs assitence with this, please contact me directly at {Personal content edited to prevent spam} I was on the phone with At@t and samsung for hours but we finally figured out how to do it properly. I will gladly help anyone with any small issue about the unlock!

email is {Personal content edited to prevent spam. Please use private message box --> List Private Messages Thank you.}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 02-09-2008 11:19:00 PM

Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular

[ Edited ]
39 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(39)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2009 7:18:49 PM
(0)
Tutor
I kept getting the message: "Failed to set lock status". I almost gave up when I realized that my phone was displaying: "Phone off". I turned the phone radio "on", made sure key board showed "123", had my AT&T sim card in the phone and tried my unlcok code and it worked just fine. Please make sure the phone radio is "on" when you try this.
I kept getting the message: "Failed to set lock status". I almost gave up when I realized that my phone was displaying: "Phone off". I turned the phone radio "on", made sure key board showed "123", had my AT&T sim card in the phone and tried my unlcok code and it worked just fine. Please make sure the phone radio is "on" when you try this.

Re: Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular

31 of 40 (4,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 8:47:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

I got unlock code from Att and executed all the steps thatare  given by att .

I got “Failto Set Locking Status” if  tried with sim.

I got “Sim filed error happened” like error if tried withoutsimcard.

Please help me, how to unlock the device. 

I got unlock code from Att and executed all the steps thatare  given by att .

I got “Failto Set Locking Status” if  tried with sim.

I got “Sim filed error happened” like error if tried withoutsimcard.

Please help me, how to unlock the device. 

32 of 40 (4,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2010 8:08:03 PM
(0)
Contributor
I entered my unlock code with my AT&T Sim card in. Then I powered it off and tried to use it with my T-Mobile Sim card. When I fist start it up with the T-Mobile Sim card it says " This phone can only be used with a specific SIM. Enter the unlock code or insert an approved SIM." I enter the unlock code and I says the password is invalid. When I use the phone with the AT&T Sim card i get an alert every once in a while that says " SIM not provisioned MM#2 ". What should I do to get it working with my T-Mobile Sim card? Please help.
I entered my unlock code with my AT&T Sim card in. Then I powered it off and tried to use it with my T-Mobile Sim card. When I fist start it up with the T-Mobile Sim card it says " This phone can only be used with a specific SIM. Enter the unlock code or insert an approved SIM." I enter the unlock code and I says the password is invalid. When I use the phone with the AT&T Sim card i get an alert every once in a while that says " SIM not provisioned MM#2 ". What should I do to get it working with my T-Mobile Sim card? Please help.

33 of 40 (4,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2010 9:27:22 AM
(0)
Expert

al158411 wrote:

With the ATTM simcard in the phone are these the steps you took to unlock the phone, At the Network Lock Screen press #7465625*638*, then enter the unlock code given to you by customer care, press the left soft key (LSK) which is labeled as "OK", the Display should now read "Network Lock Deactivated."

al158411 wrote:

With the ATTM simcard in the phone are these the steps you took to unlock the phone, At the Network Lock Screen press #7465625*638*, then enter the unlock code given to you by customer care, press the left soft key (LSK) which is labeled as "OK", the Display should now read "Network Lock Deactivated."

34 of 40 (4,017 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2010 4:25:13 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thats what I did and I still cant use my T-Mobile Sim card. 
Thats what I did and I still cant use my T-Mobile Sim card. 

35 of 40 (3,996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2010 1:13:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am getting the same exact messages when I follow the directions given. This is extremely frustrating Smiley Sad  So is there really no way in gettting around unlocking the phone if you've tried more than 5 times? That is quite disappointing if so.
I am getting the same exact messages when I follow the directions given. This is extremely frustrating Smiley Sad  So is there really no way in gettting around unlocking the phone if you've tried more than 5 times? That is quite disappointing if so.

36 of 40 (3,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2010 2:06:34 PM
(0)
Master

The easist way to unlock is to just insert a non-AT&T SIM card and put in the unlock code when asked to.

The instructions are not 100% accurate IIRC. You need a non-ATT SIM card to verify it afterwards anyway.

The easist way to unlock is to just insert a non-AT&T SIM card and put in the unlock code when asked to.

The instructions are not 100% accurate IIRC. You need a non-ATT SIM card to verify it afterwards anyway.

37 of 40 (3,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2010 4:09:59 PM
(0)
Contributor
When I put my T-mobile sim card in and enter the unlock code, it tells me it is invalid. Every possible way to unlock it does not work. So I called the AT&T customer service, the guy tried to help me and it still did not work. So he created a "case" for it to be looked into, because the given instructions did and don't work on my phone. At first he tried to claim I cannot unlock it because I have a balance still owed on my old AT&T account, but that cannot be the case because my brother who also has a BlackJackII was able to unlock his. He had a different IMEI number though.
When I put my T-mobile sim card in and enter the unlock code, it tells me it is invalid. Every possible way to unlock it does not work. So I called the AT&T customer service, the guy tried to help me and it still did not work. So he created a "case" for it to be looked into, because the given instructions did and don't work on my phone. At first he tried to claim I cannot unlock it because I have a balance still owed on my old AT&T account, but that cannot be the case because my brother who also has a BlackJackII was able to unlock his. He had a different IMEI number though.

38 of 40 (3,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2010 5:10:43 PM
(0)
Master
Most common mistake by AT&T support is that they used a wrong IMEI number to generate the unlock code. I always ask them to repeat my IMEI number when asking for unlock code.
Most common mistake by AT&T support is that they used a wrong IMEI number to generate the unlock code. I always ask them to repeat my IMEI number when asking for unlock code.

39 of 40 (3,667 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2010 6:24:16 AM
(0)
Professor

Pandacutes wrote:

Each IMEI number is phone specific. In other words, your IMEI number MUST be different than your brother's because your BJ2 has its own IMEI and your BJ2 has its own IMEI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Pandacutes wrote:

Each IMEI number is phone specific. In other words, your IMEI number MUST be different than your brother's because your BJ2 has its own IMEI and your BJ2 has its own IMEI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

40 of 40 (3,642 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments