Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular

Contributor

Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular

If anyone needs assitence with this, please contact me directly at {Personal content edited to prevent spam} I was on the phone with At@t and samsung for hours but we finally figured out how to do it properly. I will gladly help anyone with any small issue about the unlock!

email is {Personal content edited to prevent spam. Please use private message box --> List Private Messages Thank you.}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 02-09-2008 11:19:00 PM
Message 1 of 40

Re: Unlock Help and ANWSERS for Samsung Blackjack 2 At@T/Cingular

Your e-mail has been blocked out by the mod... how do i contact you ?
Message 2 of 40

I can't find my notes at this time, but the default code is 0000 or 00000, then you can set your own code.

Message 3 of 40
Contributor

Hi Bigcsms, I was on the phone with AT&T and Samsung as well, no solution yet. I can't believe it:
I paid full price for the phone (purchase without contract) and they said, all it takes is the unlock code (which I have). They didn't say, that neither AT & T nor Samsung is able to provide accurate instructions on how TO USE this code. I can't return it, since I took it home to Germany.... Otherwise I would.
I am really desperate and it would be great if you could post that info here, since AT T apparently doesnt tolerate email adresses. mine is { Personal content edited to prevent spam }  maybe this works ;-)

Thanks very much to everyone able to help me on this! Stephan

Message Edited by Caretaker on 02-21-2008 01:11:21 PM
Message 4 of 40
Tutor

I just had an issue with using an AT&T provided (via international customer support) subsidy unlock code on the BJ2.  The intructions provided via email or over the phone tell you to remove the SIM card and follow the instructions.  This does NOT work, and results in a SIM Failure message.  After about an hour on the phone through AT&T and then into Samsung technical support level 2, I found out that the instructions should be followed as provided, but with the AT&T SIM installed.  The tech support person at Samsung says that he has asked AT&T to change the instructions a number of times, but it appears that they have not been changed.  He said that sometimes it just takes a while to get through the system.

Greg
Message 5 of 40
Contributor

I tried many variations of the instructions with a tech support agent tonight. She finally recommended to put the Non-AT&T Sim in, which is the opposite of what the manual advised you. It worked!  Hope that message gets through to the service departments at AT & T and Samsung, who both caused me 5 hours of research, work and phone expenses. However, I could have tried that myself, but was scared to damage the phone....
Message 6 of 40
Contributor

I must say this is extraordinarily frustrating.

Using the provided instructions & unlock code, I get "SIM Failure Error Happened" with the SIM removed.

If I follow the instructions, but leave the SIM in, I get "You entered incorrect MCC/MNC", which I assume is referring to the unlock code I was given by AT&T.

I'm going to call again another night when I'm not in such a foul mood, but it amazes me how much difficulty this has already caused (this was my second call this evening, both times waiting on hold for a long time before they would agree to give me any instructions/code).
Message 7 of 40
Contributor

Hey StephanM ,

Can you detail me the instructions. Had been on the phone with AT&T for 3 hrs with no luck. I don't have the patience to deal with Samsung now and thought of looking for help in forums.
Message 8 of 40
Contributor

I have different instructions from three different reps.
1) asking me to to insert the unlock code with the AT&T SIM on
2) asking me to enter the unlock code with the AT&T SIM removed
3) asking me to enter "two different " code using a non-AT&T sim. The statement from the rep was to try the first one and if it does not work use the second one. When i asked her that this number should be unique and only one per IMEI she told me to try her suggestions and then call back. I finally figured out that this is a mess and am looking for help from people who had success in this.

With the AT&T SIm on i get "fail to set lock status" and with the SIM removed i get the "SIM Failure Error Happened" . I have not tried the third option of using a different sim card yet.
Message 9 of 40
Highlighted
Master

The easiest way is to insert a 3rd party working SIM card and type in your unlock code (make sure you get the correct unlock code that is based on your phone's IMEI). I've done so in 5 minutes after I got my code off the phone with AT&T.

On my BJ1, I got the code from an email response. With it, there is a detailed intructions/steps for you to follow. With these instructions, you need to use your existing AT&T SIM. I didn't get one this time for my BJ2 since I got the code right there on the phone. The CSR simply said get a 3rd party SIM card. I borrowed my coworker's T-Mo SIM and finished the job.
Message 10 of 40
Teacher

hi im leaving like tonight and att told me they could only get back to me on june 9 which is 10 days from now. i was wondering if you could possibly help me unlock my phone. thanks!
Message 11 of 40
Master

jliu10 wrote:
hi im leaving like tonight and att told me they could only get back to me on june 9 which is 10 days from now. i was wondering if you could possibly help me unlock my phone. thanks!

We are just AT&T customers here as well.

10 days is their usually answer but usually it is like 3 or 4 days. However, when I recently called to get my BJ2 unlocked, first call get the same answer as you but they screwed up my IMEI number. I called again, a different CSR was able to generate unlock code right on the phone. So, call again until you get someone who can do this on the phone.
Message 12 of 40
Contributor

i have an unlocked bj2 and i dont have internet on my service plan, and i know the bj2 doesn't have wifi (which blows).  My laptop has wifi and i notice there's a link where it says i can connect to the internet through my usb in internet sharing, but it never works. is there anyway possible i can get internet or am i just an idi ot.
Message 13 of 40
Master

All you need is ActiveSyn connection with your desktop (which itself is not an easy task if you never did it before). Internet Sharing is for your PC to use your phone's data connection. Since you have no data plan, it will cost you thousands of dollars of pay per use data usage if it worked Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 40
Professor

bigcmos wrote:
If anyone needs assitence with this, please contact me directly at {Personal content edited to prevent spam} I was on the phone with At@t and samsung for hours but we finally figured out how to do it properly. I will gladly help anyone with any small issue about the unlock!

email is {Personal content edited to prevent spam. Please use private message box --> List Private MessagesThank you.}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 02-09-2008 11:19:00 PM

I sent you a PM asking for the phone number you called and any shortcuts that were useful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 15 of 40
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support