Unlimted Data Plan

Tutor

Unlimted Data Plan

I previously had a Samsung eternity and recently upgraded to a Captivate.  I had an unlimited data plan with the Eternity and thought my plan would be grandfathered in when I got the Captivate, but apparently the Eternity is not considered a smart phone so they said I could not carry my new plan over.  I had to sign up for a new plan.

I use my phone a lot.  I am constantly listening to music on Pandora, listening to baseball games, watching videos, and surfing the internet.  On my old phone I used about 1 gb a month and with all the new features on my new phone, I expect to use it even more.  Do you think it is likely I am going to go over my 2 gb limit.  Should I return my phone and switch to a carrier that still offers unlimited data?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Unlimted Data Plan

pdogg79 wrote:

I previously had a Samsung eternity and recently upgraded to a Captivate.  I had an unlimited data plan with the Eternity and thought my plan would be grandfathered in when I got the Captivate, but apparently the Eternity is not considered a smart phone so they said I could not carry my new plan over.  I had to sign up for a new plan.

I use my phone a lot.  I am constantly listening to music on Pandora, listening to baseball games, watching videos, and surfing the internet.  On my old phone I used about 1 gb a month and with all the new features on my new phone, I expect to use it even more.  Do you think it is likely I am going to go over my 2 gb limit.  Should I return my phone and switch to a carrier that still offers unlimited data?

Thanks

No, I do not think that you will go over 2GB, but it is possible.

By the way, Unlimited Data was eliminated by AT&T in order to save their customers money.  Future carriers like Verizon Wireless will also be converting their Unlimited Data plan into a specific limit, probably similar to AT&T's.  

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5
Guru

You could also use Wi-Fi for the data hungry apps you usually use, that way you won't use all of your data before the month ends.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
Professor

Well, anything over 2GB is $10/GB. Thats still not bad, very affordable. Plus ATT lets you know with 3 different tiers of usage when your getting close to the limit.

Message 4 of 5

I use the BahJebus out of my iphone, and havent come close to 2gb yet. And I use it A LOT!!

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support