Unlimted Data Plan

Tutor

Unlimted Data Plan

I previously had a Samsung eternity and recently upgraded to a Captivate.  I had an unlimited data plan with the Eternity and thought my plan would be grandfathered in when I got the Captivate, but apparently the Eternity is not considered a smart phone so they said I could not carry my new plan over.  I had to sign up for a new plan.

I use my phone a lot.  I am constantly listening to music on Pandora, listening to baseball games, watching videos, and surfing the internet.  On my old phone I used about 1 gb a month and with all the new features on my new phone, I expect to use it even more.  Do you think it is likely I am going to go over my 2 gb limit.  Should I return my phone and switch to a carrier that still offers unlimited data?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (236 Views)
Master

Re: Unlimted Data Plan

pdogg79 wrote:

I previously had a Samsung eternity and recently upgraded to a Captivate.  I had an unlimited data plan with the Eternity and thought my plan would be grandfathered in when I got the Captivate, but apparently the Eternity is not considered a smart phone so they said I could not carry my new plan over.  I had to sign up for a new plan.

I use my phone a lot.  I am constantly listening to music on Pandora, listening to baseball games, watching videos, and surfing the internet.  On my old phone I used about 1 gb a month and with all the new features on my new phone, I expect to use it even more.  Do you think it is likely I am going to go over my 2 gb limit.  Should I return my phone and switch to a carrier that still offers unlimited data?

Thanks

No, I do not think that you will go over 2GB, but it is possible.

By the way, Unlimited Data was eliminated by AT&T in order to save their customers money.  Future carriers like Verizon Wireless will also be converting their Unlimited Data plan into a specific limit, probably similar to AT&T's.  

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5 (234 Views)
Guru

You could also use Wi-Fi for the data hungry apps you usually use, that way you won't use all of your data before the month ends.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (224 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Well, anything over 2GB is $10/GB. Thats still not bad, very affordable. Plus ATT lets you know with 3 different tiers of usage when your getting close to the limit.

Message 4 of 5 (218 Views)

I use the BahJebus out of my iphone, and havent come close to 2gb yet. And I use it A LOT!!

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 5 of 5 (209 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.