Unlimited texting/M2M calling...Really?

Contributor

Unlimited texting/M2M calling...Really?

I have recently passed my one year anniversary with AT&T (iPhone 3Gs).  I have been looking over my plan to see if I need to make any changes to my options.  At this time I have 1500 text messages but have gone over 4 times in the last 12 months.  AT&T has this option highlighted as a recommendation for me:

"Unlimited Messaging with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling" - this caught my interest!  Does this mean that with this text option that all mobile calls are free no matter who the carrier is?  When I clicked the link for more information this is what it says:

"Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging."

The other info links on mobile to mobile plans clearly state that it is for AT&T to AT&T only.  Does this mean this option is for ANY mobile phone regardless of the carrier? 

Message 1 of 2 (2,437 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unlimited texting/M2M calling...Really?

[ Edited ]

nomijill wrote:

I have recently passed my one year anniversary with AT&T (iPhone 3Gs).  I have been looking over my plan to see if I need to make any changes to my options.  At this time I have 1500 text messages but have gone over 4 times in the last 12 months.  AT&T has this option highlighted as a recommendation for me:

"Unlimited Messaging with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling" - this caught my interest!  Does this mean that with this text option that all mobile calls are free no matter who the carrier is?  When I clicked the link for more information this is what it says:

"Unlimited Calling and Messaging to or from any Mobile in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or U.S.V.I. Messaging Unlimited includes domestic Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging."

The other info links on mobile to mobile plans clearly state that it is for AT&T to AT&T only.  Does this mean this option is for ANY mobile phone regardless of the carrier? 

Yes it does, but there are specific requirements on your base package to be able to qualify for the package. They ar different for single line and family plan so you might want to review your plan before you try to add the service.

Here you go

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&loca...

Message 2 of 2 (2,402 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.