Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

Mentor

Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

Just received a text message from AT&T telling me to log onto my account and change the following feature:

Delete unlimited messages for our entire family (was $30.00 per month)

Add unlimited messages for our entire family plus add unlimited calls to any mobile phone (total cost $30.00 per month)

Obviously a no brainer as the net cost is exactly the same!  

Just thought I would pass the tip on.

Message 1 of 21
Master

Re: Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

glennking wrote:

Just received a text message from AT&T telling me to log onto my account and change the following feature:

Add unlimited messages for our entire family plus add unlimited calls to any mobile phone (total cost $30.00 per month)

This has been available for quite a little while, now. I'm surprised that AT&T didn't notify you about this earlier, unless you just simply ignored it. Which, I don't blame you for. Smiley Wink

It sure is a good deal, isn't it? I think AT&T is finally stepping up their game. Hopefully more changes for the better will come in the next couple months or years.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 21
Guru

Wild Banchi wrote:

glennking wrote:

This has been available for quite a little while, now. I'm surprised that AT&T didn't notify you about this earlier, unless you just simply ignored it. Which, I don't blame you for. Smiley Wink

It sure is a good deal, isn't it? I think AT&T is finally stepping up their game. Hopefully more changes for the better will come in the next couple months or years.

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, as far as "it" being a good deal--$30 for unlimited family texting could be considered a pretty good deal but the same plan with unlimited M2M isn't necessarily a good deal, given that unlimited M2M is included at no extra cost on all currently available Individual and Family plans--i.e., you are not required to subscribe to a text message plan in order to get unlimited M2M.  I can only assume that for the OP, the combo (unlimited family texting plus unlimited M2M) would be considered a good "package" deal only if OP was on a grandfathered voice plan that didn't include unlimited M2M.

Message 3 of 21
Master

tonester wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

glennking wrote:

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, as far as "it" being a good deal--$30 for unlimited family texting could be considered a pretty good deal but the same plan with unlimited M2M isn't necessarily a good deal, given that unlimited M2M is included at no extra cost on all currently available Individual and Family plans--i.e., you are not required to subscribe to a text message plan in order to get unlimited M2M.  I can only assume that for the OP, the combo (unlimited family texting plus unlimited M2M) would be considered a good "package" deal only if OP was on a grandfathered voice plan that didn't include unlimited M2M.

Never mind, then. But at least AT&T is improving their plans in more ways than one on all different plan spectrums, including individual talk plans and FamilyTalk plans - with the addition of the unlimited mobile-to-any mobile feature on all talk plans and for the same exact price on unlimited family messaging. It's always nice to have a little extra bang for your buck, even if it's just a measly change.

As far as the OP's plan, he would have to confirm to us which plan he's currently using to determine whether or not it is a good deal. I can agree with you, if he did not already have the feature, then the addition of the unlimited mobile-to-any mobile would be considered an advantage.

Message 4 of 21
Professor

The unlimited M2M that's included on all plans is only unlimited to other at&t customers.  The unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile available with unlimited text messages is just that, unlimited calling to any mobile phone on any carrier.  There is a difference.

Message 5 of 21
Master

21stNow wrote:

The unlimited M2M that's included on all plans is only unlimited to other at&t customers.  The unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile available with unlimited text messages is just that, unlimited calling to any mobile phone on any carrier.  There is a difference.

I thought there was a difference... Unlimited mobile-to-mobile is quite a bit different from unlimited mobile-to-ANY mobile. Guess I should have stuck with my initial thought. So when you look at it, yes, this IS a deal. Kudos for the clarification. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21

I removed the old Family Messaging Unlimited but then could not find where to add the new Family Unlimited Messaging with free Mobile to Any Mobile? What am I doing wrong? There was no option for it under manage my features so I had to go back and add the old plan back, which was the only option I had. And my voice plan ($69.99) should qualify. Guess I'll just call CS if I can't figure it out on-line.

Message 7 of 21
Guru

21stNow wrote:

Yes I should have clarified that the unlimited M2M included on all plans (except for GoPhone plans) is only for calls made/received between AT&T wireless customers in the U.S.; however, I am not seeing any option for unlimited M2M regardless of carrier--let alone such a feature that is bundled with the unlimited family text plan--on AT&T's site.  I believe one of the other carriers offered that feature, but was not aware that such a feature was/is offered by AT&T as well; can you please provide a link/proof that such a feature is currently available/offered by AT&T?

Message 8 of 21

Here is the link.   www.att.com/anymobile

However, I just found out by calling CS that if you are on an old calling plan, like I was, there won't be an option for the new family messaging plan. Even though our calling plan was $69.99 (+ $9.99 2nd line) I had to change to one of the newer calling plans in order to change the family unlimited messaging plan. We don't come close to using our total minutes and we never use any rollover minutes so I decided to change only because she offered to let me keep 5,000 rollover minutes. The total now with the second line is $69.99 so we will save $10 month.

Message 9 of 21
Professor

So, this is an option only for those who already have unlimited messaging? Am I reading this correctly?
Message 10 of 21
Professor

You should be able to add unlimited messaging and get this offer.  You just have to decide if adding unlimited messaging is worth it to you.  It definitely isn't worth it to me to add an additional $20 a month to my phone bill for text messaging, when I don't come close to using all of my minutes as it is.  I'm already on the lowest minutes plan that at&t offers.

Message 11 of 21
Professor

Ok, that's what I was thinking. I use TextFree With Voice for all my texting, so it wouldn't be worth it for me, but I'd certainly use it if it was a more financially expedient option.
Message 12 of 21
Professor

I use TextFree with Voice, too.  So neither of us have a need for unlimited text messages and unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile calling.  Let's see what at&t comes up with next!

Message 13 of 21
Scholar

I checked into this yesterday.  The unlimited messaging and unlimited mobile to any mobile on any system requires that you have a plan that includes at least 700 minutes.  Since out plan was is so old, we didn't qualify.  Definitely worth checking into.

Message 14 of 21
Guru

21stNow wrote:

You should be able to add unlimited messaging and get this offer.  You just have to decide if adding unlimited messaging is worth it to you.  It definitely isn't worth it to me to add an additional $20 a month to my phone bill for text messaging, when I don't come close to using all of my minutes as it is.  I'm already on the lowest minutes plan that at&t offers.

Agreed--as I'm currently on the $59.99 Family Talk plan, I'd have to pay an additional $10 (since unlimited any M2M requires you to be on a minimum $69.99 Family Talk plan (or $39.99, for those who are on an Individual plan), plus an additional $30 for unlimited Family text messaging (since I don't currently subscribe to a monthly text plan--$20 for Individual plan users).  I use Textfree in combination w/ Google Voice for unlimited texting...and with 800 anytime minutes (550 plus bonus 250)on each of my lines and maxed out rollover minutes, I have more than enough minutes to cover me and my family such that the unlimited any M2M feature is not a practical option for me, financially speaking.
But agreed that, if you're already on the apppropriate talk plan and have unlimited texting--then yes, switching to unlimited texting and unlimited any M2M is a no-brainer.

Message 15 of 21
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support