Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 26, 2011
7:57:42 PM
Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

Just received a text message from AT&T telling me to log onto my account and change the following feature:

Delete unlimited messages for our entire family (was $30.00 per month)

Add unlimited messages for our entire family plus add unlimited calls to any mobile phone (total cost $30.00 per month)

Obviously a no brainer as the net cost is exactly the same!  

Just thought I would pass the tip on.

Just received a text message from AT&T telling me to log onto my account and change the following feature:

Add unlimited messages for our entire family plus add unlimited calls to any mobile phone (total cost $30.00 per month)

Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 10:25:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

glennking wrote:

This has been available for quite a little while, now. I'm surprised that AT&T didn't notify you about this earlier, unless you just simply ignored it. Which, I don't blame you for. Smiley Wink

It sure is a good deal, isn't it? I think AT&T is finally stepping up their game. Hopefully more changes for the better will come in the next couple months or years.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

glennking wrote:

This has been available for quite a little while, now. I'm surprised that AT&T didn't notify you about this earlier, unless you just simply ignored it. Which, I don't blame you for. Smiley Wink

It sure is a good deal, isn't it? I think AT&T is finally stepping up their game. Hopefully more changes for the better will come in the next couple months or years.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

2 of 21 (4,211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 7:53:21 AM
(0)
Guru

Wild Banchi wrote:

glennking wrote:

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, as far as "it" being a good deal--$30 for unlimited family texting could be considered a pretty good deal but the same plan with unlimited M2M isn't necessarily a good deal, given that unlimited M2M is included at no extra cost on all currently available Individual and Family plans--i.e., you are not required to subscribe to a text message plan in order to get unlimited M2M.  I can only assume that for the OP, the combo (unlimited family texting plus unlimited M2M) would be considered a good "package" deal only if OP was on a grandfathered voice plan that didn't include unlimited M2M.

Wild Banchi wrote:

glennking wrote:

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, as far as "it" being a good deal--$30 for unlimited family texting could be considered a pretty good deal but the same plan with unlimited M2M isn't necessarily a good deal, given that unlimited M2M is included at no extra cost on all currently available Individual and Family plans--i.e., you are not required to subscribe to a text message plan in order to get unlimited M2M.  I can only assume that for the OP, the combo (unlimited family texting plus unlimited M2M) would be considered a good "package" deal only if OP was on a grandfathered voice plan that didn't include unlimited M2M.

3 of 21 (4,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 8:22:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

tonester wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

glennking wrote:

Never mind, then. But at least AT&T is improving their plans in more ways than one on all different plan spectrums, including individual talk plans and FamilyTalk plans - with the addition of the unlimited mobile-to-any mobile feature on all talk plans and for the same exact price on unlimited family messaging. It's always nice to have a little extra bang for your buck, even if it's just a measly change.

As far as the OP's plan, he would have to confirm to us which plan he's currently using to determine whether or not it is a good deal. I can agree with you, if he did not already have the feature, then the addition of the unlimited mobile-to-any mobile would be considered an advantage.

tonester wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

glennking wrote:

Never mind, then. But at least AT&T is improving their plans in more ways than one on all different plan spectrums, including individual talk plans and FamilyTalk plans - with the addition of the unlimited mobile-to-any mobile feature on all talk plans and for the same exact price on unlimited family messaging. It's always nice to have a little extra bang for your buck, even if it's just a measly change.

As far as the OP's plan, he would have to confirm to us which plan he's currently using to determine whether or not it is a good deal. I can agree with you, if he did not already have the feature, then the addition of the unlimited mobile-to-any mobile would be considered an advantage.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 21 (4,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 10:38:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The unlimited M2M that's included on all plans is only unlimited to other at&t customers.  The unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile available with unlimited text messages is just that, unlimited calling to any mobile phone on any carrier.  There is a difference.

The unlimited M2M that's included on all plans is only unlimited to other at&t customers.  The unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile available with unlimited text messages is just that, unlimited calling to any mobile phone on any carrier.  There is a difference.

5 of 21 (4,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 6:40:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

21stNow wrote:

I thought there was a difference... Unlimited mobile-to-mobile is quite a bit different from unlimited mobile-to-ANY mobile. Guess I should have stuck with my initial thought. So when you look at it, yes, this IS a deal. Kudos for the clarification. Smiley Happy

21stNow wrote:

I thought there was a difference... Unlimited mobile-to-mobile is quite a bit different from unlimited mobile-to-ANY mobile. Guess I should have stuck with my initial thought. So when you look at it, yes, this IS a deal. Kudos for the clarification. Smiley Happy

6 of 21 (4,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 5:38:36 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by brainwaver on Jul 28, 2011 at 5:58:37 AM

I removed the old Family Messaging Unlimited but then could not find where to add the new Family Unlimited Messaging with free Mobile to Any Mobile? What am I doing wrong? There was no option for it under manage my features so I had to go back and add the old plan back, which was the only option I had. And my voice plan ($69.99) should qualify. Guess I'll just call CS if I can't figure it out on-line.

I removed the old Family Messaging Unlimited but then could not find where to add the new Family Unlimited Messaging with free Mobile to Any Mobile? What am I doing wrong? There was no option for it under manage my features so I had to go back and add the old plan back, which was the only option I had. And my voice plan ($69.99) should qualify. Guess I'll just call CS if I can't figure it out on-line.

[ Edited ]
7 of 21 (4,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 7:43:03 AM
(0)
Guru

21stNow wrote:

Yes I should have clarified that the unlimited M2M included on all plans (except for GoPhone plans) is only for calls made/received between AT&T wireless customers in the U.S.; however, I am not seeing any option for unlimited M2M regardless of carrier--let alone such a feature that is bundled with the unlimited family text plan--on AT&T's site.  I believe one of the other carriers offered that feature, but was not aware that such a feature was/is offered by AT&T as well; can you please provide a link/proof that such a feature is currently available/offered by AT&T?

21stNow wrote:

Yes I should have clarified that the unlimited M2M included on all plans (except for GoPhone plans) is only for calls made/received between AT&T wireless customers in the U.S.; however, I am not seeing any option for unlimited M2M regardless of carrier--let alone such a feature that is bundled with the unlimited family text plan--on AT&T's site.  I believe one of the other carriers offered that feature, but was not aware that such a feature was/is offered by AT&T as well; can you please provide a link/proof that such a feature is currently available/offered by AT&T?

8 of 21 (4,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 8:02:17 AM
(0)
Guru

Here is the link.   www.att.com/anymobile

However, I just found out by calling CS that if you are on an old calling plan, like I was, there won't be an option for the new family messaging plan. Even though our calling plan was $69.99 (+ $9.99 2nd line) I had to change to one of the newer calling plans in order to change the family unlimited messaging plan. We don't come close to using our total minutes and we never use any rollover minutes so I decided to change only because she offered to let me keep 5,000 rollover minutes. The total now with the second line is $69.99 so we will save $10 month.

Here is the link.   www.att.com/anymobile

However, I just found out by calling CS that if you are on an old calling plan, like I was, there won't be an option for the new family messaging plan. Even though our calling plan was $69.99 (+ $9.99 2nd line) I had to change to one of the newer calling plans in order to change the family unlimited messaging plan. We don't come close to using our total minutes and we never use any rollover minutes so I decided to change only because she offered to let me keep 5,000 rollover minutes. The total now with the second line is $69.99 so we will save $10 month.

9 of 21 (4,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 8:55:50 AM
(0)
Professor
So, this is an option only for those who already have unlimited messaging? Am I reading this correctly?
So, this is an option only for those who already have unlimited messaging? Am I reading this correctly?

10 of 21 (4,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 9:11:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Jul 28, 2011 at 9:12:16 AM

You should be able to add unlimited messaging and get this offer.  You just have to decide if adding unlimited messaging is worth it to you.  It definitely isn't worth it to me to add an additional $20 a month to my phone bill for text messaging, when I don't come close to using all of my minutes as it is.  I'm already on the lowest minutes plan that at&t offers.

You should be able to add unlimited messaging and get this offer.  You just have to decide if adding unlimited messaging is worth it to you.  It definitely isn't worth it to me to add an additional $20 a month to my phone bill for text messaging, when I don't come close to using all of my minutes as it is.  I'm already on the lowest minutes plan that at&t offers.

[ Edited ]
11 of 21 (4,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 9:36:35 AM
(0)
Professor
Ok, that's what I was thinking. I use TextFree With Voice for all my texting, so it wouldn't be worth it for me, but I'd certainly use it if it was a more financially expedient option.
Ok, that's what I was thinking. I use TextFree With Voice for all my texting, so it wouldn't be worth it for me, but I'd certainly use it if it was a more financially expedient option.

12 of 21 (4,071 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 12:45:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I use TextFree with Voice, too.  So neither of us have a need for unlimited text messages and unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile calling.  Let's see what at&t comes up with next!

I use TextFree with Voice, too.  So neither of us have a need for unlimited text messages and unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile calling.  Let's see what at&t comes up with next!

13 of 21 (4,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2011 7:06:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

I checked into this yesterday.  The unlimited messaging and unlimited mobile to any mobile on any system requires that you have a plan that includes at least 700 minutes.  Since out plan was is so old, we didn't qualify.  Definitely worth checking into.

I checked into this yesterday.  The unlimited messaging and unlimited mobile to any mobile on any system requires that you have a plan that includes at least 700 minutes.  Since out plan was is so old, we didn't qualify.  Definitely worth checking into.

14 of 21 (4,008 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2011 7:58:57 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by tonester on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:03:22 AM

21stNow wrote:

Agreed--as I'm currently on the $59.99 Family Talk plan, I'd have to pay an additional $10 (since unlimited any M2M requires you to be on a minimum $69.99 Family Talk plan (or $39.99, for those who are on an Individual plan), plus an additional $30 for unlimited Family text messaging (since I don't currently subscribe to a monthly text plan--$20 for Individual plan users).  I use Textfree in combination w/ Google Voice for unlimited texting...and with 800 anytime minutes (550 plus bonus 250)on each of my lines and maxed out rollover minutes, I have more than enough minutes to cover me and my family such that the unlimited any M2M feature is not a practical option for me, financially speaking.
But agreed that, if you're already on the apppropriate talk plan and have unlimited texting--then yes, switching to unlimited texting and unlimited any M2M is a no-brainer.

21stNow wrote:

Agreed--as I'm currently on the $59.99 Family Talk plan, I'd have to pay an additional $10 (since unlimited any M2M requires you to be on a minimum $69.99 Family Talk plan (or $39.99, for those who are on an Individual plan), plus an additional $30 for unlimited Family text messaging (since I don't currently subscribe to a monthly text plan--$20 for Individual plan users).  I use Textfree in combination w/ Google Voice for unlimited texting...and with 800 anytime minutes (550 plus bonus 250)on each of my lines and maxed out rollover minutes, I have more than enough minutes to cover me and my family such that the unlimited any M2M feature is not a practical option for me, financially speaking.
But agreed that, if you're already on the apppropriate talk plan and have unlimited texting--then yes, switching to unlimited texting and unlimited any M2M is a no-brainer.

[ Edited ]
15 of 21 (3,995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 7:26:44 AM
(0)
Contributor
Hi, may I ask you a question?
You mentioned you have 800 anytime minutes (550 plus bonus 250).
Can you tell me how did you get the bonus 250 minutes? Is there a cost to add bonus 250 minutes to the 550 anytime minutes plan?
Can you tell me how did you get the bonus 250 minutes? Is there a cost to add bonus 250 minutes to the 550 anytime minutes plan?

16 of 21 (3,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 11:29:28 AM
(0)
Guru

hotmamagg wrote:

Whoops, my bad--typo on my part...I meant to type bonus 200 minutes--I actually did have a combined 800 minutes under a legacy non-Nation plan plus a couple of bonus anytime minutes promos, but I had to give all that up when I switched over to a Family Nation Plan.  In any case, it was a promo code for customers who were under a FAN account--I was able to use it to get an additional 200 anytime minutes added to each of my two lines under my account.  The promo code is no longer offered/valid--I know because I was not able to get AT&T to add it to a third line that I added to my account earlier this year.

hotmamagg wrote:

Whoops, my bad--typo on my part...I meant to type bonus 200 minutes--I actually did have a combined 800 minutes under a legacy non-Nation plan plus a couple of bonus anytime minutes promos, but I had to give all that up when I switched over to a Family Nation Plan.  In any case, it was a promo code for customers who were under a FAN account--I was able to use it to get an additional 200 anytime minutes added to each of my two lines under my account.  The promo code is no longer offered/valid--I know because I was not able to get AT&T to add it to a third line that I added to my account earlier this year.

17 of 21 (3,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2011 10:30:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
I received text last month that ATT automatically upgrading my current unlimited messaging & M2M to unlimited messaging & to any mobile. Copy of the exact email I got is below.
-----------------

Your Mobile to Any Mobile Calling Has Been Activated

Dear xxx xxxx

Great news! Your messaging plan has been upgraded to Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling. It's our way of saying thank you for being an AT&T customer. 

This added benefit comes at no additional cost, and no further action is required by you. Starting now, you — and everyone else on your FamilyTalk® plan — can make free calls to any U.S. mobile number anytime. 

Mobile to Any Mobile Calling means:

You won't use Anytime Minutes when you call any other mobile number nationwide, no matter what carrier they have.

You still have your Family Messaging Unlimited plan, so keep texting without limits.

Your monthly bill won't change because of the new service.

Free Mobile to Any Mobile Calling — just one more way to show our appreciation for choosing AT&T. 

Sincerely, 

AT&T 

P.S.Mobile to Any Mobile Calling adds value to your plan at no additional cost. Enjoy the good news and start using it today!
I received text last month that ATT automatically upgrading my current unlimited messaging & M2M to unlimited messaging & to any mobile. Copy of the exact email I got is below.
-----------------

Your Mobile to Any Mobile Calling Has Been Activated

Dear xxx xxxx

Great news! Your messaging plan has been upgraded to Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling. It's our way of saying thank you for being an AT&T customer. 

This added benefit comes at no additional cost, and no further action is required by you. Starting now, you — and everyone else on your FamilyTalk® plan — can make free calls to any U.S. mobile number anytime. 

Mobile to Any Mobile Calling means:

You won't use Anytime Minutes when you call any other mobile number nationwide, no matter what carrier they have.

You still have your Family Messaging Unlimited plan, so keep texting without limits.

Your monthly bill won't change because of the new service.

Free Mobile to Any Mobile Calling — just one more way to show our appreciation for choosing AT&T. 

Sincerely, 

AT&T 

P.S.Mobile to Any Mobile Calling adds value to your plan at no additional cost. Enjoy the good news and start using it today!

18 of 21 (3,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2011 10:31:39 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have literally & not kidding here 7,100 rollover minutes & just got text last week from AT&T saying they wanted to give me another 1,000, lol
I have literally & not kidding here 7,100 rollover minutes & just got text last week from AT&T saying they wanted to give me another 1,000, lol

19 of 21 (3,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2011 11:13:24 AM
(0)
Professor
7800 here. For some it's worth it to upgrade to the required plan to get it. For others not so much.
7800 here. For some it's worth it to upgrade to the required plan to get it. For others not so much.

20 of 21 (3,511 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 6:13:57 PM
(0)
Explorer

If I upgrade to the $69.99 plan to qualify for this, will I still qualify because I get a employment discount of 24%? I guess what I am asking is does the plan have to be at least $69.99  before the discount or after?

Thanks.

If I upgrade to the $69.99 plan to qualify for this, will I still qualify because I get a employment discount of 24%? I guess what I am asking is does the plan have to be at least $69.99  before the discount or after?

Thanks.

21 of 21 (2,951 Views)