Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

Mentor

Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

Just received a text message from AT&T telling me to log onto my account and change the following feature:

Delete unlimited messages for our entire family (was $30.00 per month)

Add unlimited messages for our entire family plus add unlimited calls to any mobile phone (total cost $30.00 per month)

Obviously a no brainer as the net cost is exactly the same!  

Just thought I would pass the tip on.

Message 1 of 21 (4,265 Views)
Contributor

Re: Unlimited messaging and free calls to any mobile phone

Hi, may I ask you a question?
You mentioned you have 800 anytime minutes (550 plus bonus 250).
Can you tell me how did you get the bonus 250 minutes? Is there a cost to add bonus 250 minutes to the 550 anytime minutes plan?
Message 16 of 21 (3,596 Views)
Guru

hotmamagg wrote:
Hi, may I ask you a question?
You mentioned you have 800 anytime minutes (550 plus bonus 250).
Can you tell me how did you get the bonus 250 minutes? Is there a cost to add bonus 250 minutes to the 550 anytime minutes plan?

Whoops, my bad--typo on my part...I meant to type bonus 200 minutes--I actually did have a combined 800 minutes under a legacy non-Nation plan plus a couple of bonus anytime minutes promos, but I had to give all that up when I switched over to a Family Nation Plan.  In any case, it was a promo code for customers who were under a FAN account--I was able to use it to get an additional 200 anytime minutes added to each of my two lines under my account.  The promo code is no longer offered/valid--I know because I was not able to get AT&T to add it to a third line that I added to my account earlier this year.

Message 17 of 21 (3,562 Views)
Tutor

I received text last month that ATT automatically upgrading my current unlimited messaging & M2M to unlimited messaging & to any mobile. Copy of the exact email I got is below.
-----------------

Your Mobile to Any Mobile Calling Has Been Activated

Dear xxx xxxx

Great news! Your messaging plan has been upgraded to Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling. It's our way of saying thank you for being an AT&T customer. 

This added benefit comes at no additional cost, and no further action is required by you. Starting now, you — and everyone else on your FamilyTalk® plan — can make free calls to any U.S. mobile number anytime. 

Mobile to Any Mobile Calling means:

You won't use Anytime Minutes when you call any other mobile number nationwide, no matter what carrier they have.

You still have your Family Messaging Unlimited plan, so keep texting without limits.

Your monthly bill won't change because of the new service.

Free Mobile to Any Mobile Calling — just one more way to show our appreciation for choosing AT&T. 

Sincerely, 

AT&T 

P.S.Mobile to Any Mobile Calling adds value to your plan at no additional cost. Enjoy the good news and start using it today!
Message 18 of 21 (3,539 Views)
Tutor

I have literally & not kidding here 7,100 rollover minutes & just got text last week from AT&T saying they wanted to give me another 1,000, lol
Message 19 of 21 (3,538 Views)
Professor

7800 here. For some it's worth it to upgrade to the required plan to get it. For others not so much.
Message 20 of 21 (3,534 Views)
Highlighted
Explorer

If I upgrade to the $69.99 plan to qualify for this, will I still qualify because I get a employment discount of 24%? I guess what I am asking is does the plan have to be at least $69.99  before the discount or after?

Thanks.

Message 21 of 21 (2,974 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.