Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2010
11:06:00 AM
View profile
Unlimited Data Plans

According to ATT, the unlimited data plan was to expensive for some people and very few would use that much data.  Hence why they have the 2GB plan, but I feel they did that to make more money.  Do you guys think 2GB will be enough space per month?  

Can you please give feedback on your past data usage?

Thanks

According to ATT, the unlimited data plan was to expensive for some people and very few would use that much data.  Hence why they have the 2GB plan, but I feel they did that to make more money.  Do you guys think 2GB will be enough space per month?  

Can you please give feedback on your past data usage?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 4, powered by iOS 4.3.1.

Unlimited Data Plans

37 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(37)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2010 7:24:20 PM
(0)
Guru
Remember data consumption will increase as smart phones get "smarter.". Consider the new Netflix app.
Remember data consumption will increase as smart phones get "smarter.". Consider the new Netflix app.

Re: Unlimited Data Plans

31 of 38 (776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2010 7:27:50 PM
(0)
Mentor

WEDNESDAY-11-21-2007 wrote:

I am looking at my bill now. Last month I used 2,239,589 KB which to me translates in to roughly 2.2 MB use for one month. A few back I used 2,799,755KB or 28MB. So the sales persons suggestion to me is correct.

But WEDNESDAY, your usage just like mine will be and as well as everyone else's are different. LOL! :smileytongue:  But I do appreciate your input. =)  Also, 2MB one month and 28MB another month is a HUGE swing, don't you think?

Yes it is that is because I wrote that wrong. The 2,799,755KB should translate to 2.8 MB not what I wrote 28MB. I did not out in the decimal point. Thank you for catching that. I will edit that post.

I am looking at my bill now. Last month I used 2,239,589 KB which to me translates in to roughly 2.2 MB use for one month. A few back I used 2,799,755KB or 28MB. So the sales persons suggestion to me is correct.

But WEDNESDAY, your usage just like mine will be and as well as everyone else's are different. LOL! :smileytongue:  But I do appreciate your input. =)  Also, 2MB one month and 28MB another month is a HUGE swing, don't you think?

Yes it is that is because I wrote that wrong. The 2,799,755KB should translate to 2.8 MB not what I wrote 28MB. I did not out in the decimal point. Thank you for catching that. I will edit that post.

32 of 38 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2010 7:28:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

Data will "always" increase.  If someone says they have reduced their data, I would be surprised.  With more and more apps, places to go websites to see and of course TMZ for the rest of the world!  It's bound to increase.

Just my $0.02.

Data will "always" increase.  If someone says they have reduced their data, I would be surprised.  With more and more apps, places to go websites to see and of course TMZ for the rest of the world!  It's bound to increase.

Just my $0.02.

33 of 38 (770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2010 7:28:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

It's why we're here! Smiley Happy

It's why we're here! Smiley Happy

34 of 38 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2010 4:20:19 AM
(0)
Expert

datoad wrote:

I a new customer for data, I been with AT&T for a while but never needed data.  So this is why I'm asking.  To bad I didn't have data with my old phone.  ShuckS!

Unless you repvious phone was a smartphone it would not have mattered. Only users that had a smartphone with unlimited data are able to retain the unlimited smartphone data plan - as long as they continue to use a smartphone or do not change to another plan

datoad wrote:

I a new customer for data, I been with AT&T for a while but never needed data.  So this is why I'm asking.  To bad I didn't have data with my old phone.  ShuckS!

Unless you repvious phone was a smartphone it would not have mattered. Only users that had a smartphone with unlimited data are able to retain the unlimited smartphone data plan - as long as they continue to use a smartphone or do not change to another plan

35 of 38 (725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2010 5:50:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

Totally agree with you on the new Netflix app, I will be using it on my 1 hour (each way) bus commute to watch some streaming movies, bet that will be a heavy consumer of data. So for now I will hold onto my unlimited data plan on my 3GS untill I can check my data usage after using the Netflix app for a couple of months.

Hope this helps... 

Totally agree with you on the new Netflix app, I will be using it on my 1 hour (each way) bus commute to watch some streaming movies, bet that will be a heavy consumer of data. So for now I will hold onto my unlimited data plan on my 3GS untill I can check my data usage after using the Netflix app for a couple of months.

Hope this helps... 

36 of 38 (706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2010 7:42:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

wingrider01 wrote:

datoad wrote:

I had a smartphone, I just never used it for data only txting.  But thanks for the info.

wingrider01 wrote:

datoad wrote:

I had a smartphone, I just never used it for data only txting.  But thanks for the info.

37 of 38 (676 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2010 8:47:51 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by chasetec on Jun 19, 2010 at 8:48:42 AM

I am looking at my bill now. Last month I used 2,239,589 KB which to me translates in to roughly 2.2 MB over 2MB. One month a few back I used 2,799,755KB or 2.8MB. So the sales persons suggestion to me is correct.

To you it might translate to those values but to everyone else here's how it works:

1,024Bytes = 1KB

1,024KB = 1MB

1,024MB = 1GB

2,799,755KB = 2.67GB (more than either of the new data plans)

Either you included "KB" when you shouldn't have or you'd better keep the unlimited data plan.

I am looking at my bill now. Last month I used 2,239,589 KB which to me translates in to roughly 2.2 MB over 2MB. One month a few back I used 2,799,755KB or 2.8MB. So the sales persons suggestion to me is correct.

To you it might translate to those values but to everyone else here's how it works:

1,024Bytes = 1KB

1,024KB = 1MB

1,024MB = 1GB

2,799,755KB = 2.67GB (more than either of the new data plans)

Either you included "KB" when you shouldn't have or you'd better keep the unlimited data plan.

[ Edited ]
38 of 38 (655 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments