Unlimited Data Plans

Scholar

Unlimited Data Plans

According to ATT, the unlimited data plan was to expensive for some people and very few would use that much data.  Hence why they have the 2GB plan, but I feel they did that to make more money.  Do you guys think 2GB will be enough space per month?  

Can you please give feedback on your past data usage?

Thanks

Message 1 of 38 (1,771 Views)
Tutor

Re: Unlimited Data Plans

I stream a lot of music and e-mail a lot each day. I will download apps if they are under 10 MB on 3g. The most I have used in one month is around 800 mb.

I would say save the 5 bucks and downgrade your account.

Message 2 of 38 (1,759 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

They should have just left it as it is, or make it $30 for 5GB instead of 2GB. Everyone else is $30 for 5GB.

2GB is the most I do nowadays. I don't have time to watch live stream videos as many don't either. MMO and Farm games are my top usage.

Message 3 of 38 (1,754 Views)
Scholar

What's MMO and Farm?

When I talked to a lady @ ATT in Business support, she streams music all day and in her car too and told me that she rarely gets to 2Gb.

I do have the 200Mb plan as I don't want to spend more $$ then I need to.  I also have the unlimited TXT plan, which IMO is a farce.  It should be included in the data plan, but I know its uses the voice communication path way and not the data.  But I still feel my wallet is being r*ped. 

Message 4 of 38 (1,707 Views)

When I asked the sales person when I ordered my IPhone what he would recommend. I told him that I listed to radio stations on my phone. He suggested to keep my unlimited data plan. The cost is not that much more than the next lowest data plan is.

Message 5 of 38 (1,693 Views)
Tutor

@Wednesday

I disagree. If you never reach any where near the 2 GB cap for the data plan with normal data usage, why would spend the extra 5 bucks? I have the last year of usage tracked and I haven't gone over 800 mb in a year. This leads me to believe that I never will go over 2 gb.

Its easy to find this information on your account.

Message 6 of 38 (1,678 Views)
Guru

datoad wrote:

What's MMO and Farm?

MMO = Multiplayer Massive Online

Farm = Referred to farm games like Farmville from Facebook

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 38 (1,664 Views)
Mentor

my boyfriend used 3.5 GB in a year, that's plentiful Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 38 (1,649 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

I've been pretty consistent at between 500 - 600 MB / month.
Message 9 of 38 (1,641 Views)
Scholar

500 - 600mb/month?

What do you do with your iPhone?  The difference is so great...  200MB or 2 GB...  Shouldn't be more like 500MB and 2GB?

To be honest, am I really making this a major concern?  Since Unlimited is not an option for me (new to the iPhone world) I don't want to send and extra $5 ($60/year) if I don't have to.  I'm already spending an additional $20 for unlimited txting.

Message 10 of 38 (1,619 Views)
ACE - Master

When I first heard the details of the data plan changes I was a little concerned, so I checked on my usage. I can only go back about 16 months into my 20 months of this contract but in that entire time I have used less than 6GB of data total. My largest single month was just under 800 MB usage. Granted, I don't stream a lot of audio, nor do I tend to watch lots of YouTube videos. I also leave my wifi on all the time to use that when possible to improve my performance. Still, with all my concerns, I don't think I have to worry about the 2GB limit, until I enable tethering and start using it, that is...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 38 (1,019 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Being a newbie with the iPhone.  Can you leave Wi-Fi on all the time?  Will it automatically switch when there is no Wi-Fi available?  Also, how secure do you feel when you use other people's (not at home) Wi-Fi?

Message 12 of 38 (1,013 Views)
Expert

acuramimi wrote:

my boyfriend used 3.5 GB in a year, that's plentiful Smiley Happy

use that an more in a month, but primary use is business

Message 13 of 38 (982 Views)
Scholar

What are you doing to use more then 3.5GB/month?  Must be a lot of emails and YouTube which you are flying around.

Message 14 of 38 (979 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

datoad wrote:

What are you doing to use more then 3.5GB/month?  Must be a lot of emails and YouTube which you are flying around.

you tube has never been accessed on the phone, don;t waste data on something like that

WebEx meetings

Exchange email pushes for business w/ large attachments

Access to the corporate business site

Personal email pushes

Plus anytihng else I need to do to run my business when I am out of the office - and that is frequently. also that is only on the ATT line, I also carry smartphones from Sprint and Verizon depending on where in the country I am going to be at

Message 15 of 38 (976 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.