Unhappy Loyal AT&T Customer

S26
Contributor

Unhappy Loyal AT&T Customer

A friend of mine has been with AT&T for many, many years and has consistently paid their bills on time (about $250 a month). They inputted their credit card number incorrectly twice in the system and automatically, all of the phones on the line were suspended. Upon speaking to customer service they said that there is now a fraud alert on the account, and my friend is now required to only make cash payments at an AT&T store for the account; they will not take a debit/credit card to pay for the account.

Has anyone else experienced this as well?

It's frustrating to hear that a loyal AT&T customer who pays on time is relegated to have to withdraw cash each month from an ATM, go down to an AT&T store each month, to pay a monthly bill (and has been revoked the ability to pay online).

I'm an AT&T customer as well and hope this does not happen to me!

Message 1 of 5 (254 Views)
Scholar

Re: Unhappy Loyal AT&T Customer

yes this is normal. if there were multiple payments made that were backed out and they were also made close together then as security precaution, and usually this only last 6mos, you can only make cash payments.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (248 Views)
Former Employee

It's a security feature, it's there to protect loyal customers, not punish.

Message 3 of 5 (234 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Its designed to help customers, not harm. Just like how my bank stops like every transaction thats larger than $500, then I have to call them, etc. Besides, bank drafts and debit/credit are two different methods. Is your friend blocked from both payment types?

Message 4 of 5 (200 Views)
Professor

That generally happens when there are between 3-6 Backedout/failed payments...it happens often and it cannot be lifted until the 6 months with no issues has passed.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (169 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support