Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 21, 2011
1:17:43 PM
View profile
Uncaught exception java.lang.error

I keep getting this Java error...any thoughts on how this happened and how to fix it?  I haven't downloaded any new apps in over three weeks and this started three days ago.  I'm using a BB Torch.

Thanks.

I keep getting this Java error...any thoughts on how this happened and how to fix it?  I haven't downloaded any new apps in over three weeks and this started three days ago.  I'm using a BB Torch.

Thanks.

Uncaught exception java.lang.error

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2011 2:26:30 AM
(0)
Employee

If you can't find it online best to speak with AT&T's Consumer Data Support. You'll speak with Customer Care who will transfer you to Tech who will transfer you to CDS. 

If you can't find it online best to speak with AT&T's Consumer Data Support. You'll speak with Customer Care who will transfer you to Tech who will transfer you to CDS. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Uncaught exception java.lang.error

2 of 5 (2,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2011 7:35:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks...I did speak to an ATT Rep, but he never really understood the problem.  And the worst part is he didn't get the Torch.  I was asked to press reset buttons that didn't exist.  After a week of fidgeting around, I'm not sure what the problem was but apparently the error message doesn't effect any programs. 

Thanks...I did speak to an ATT Rep, but he never really understood the problem.  And the worst part is he didn't get the Torch.  I was asked to press reset buttons that didn't exist.  After a week of fidgeting around, I'm not sure what the problem was but apparently the error message doesn't effect any programs. 

3 of 5 (2,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2011 12:17:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

try first doing a backup, then wipe handheld. It worked on my friends bb. Let me know.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

try first doing a backup, then wipe handheld. It worked on my friends bb. Let me know.

4 of 5 (1,987 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 7:10:05 PM
(0)
Professor

1. connect BB to computer
2. go to DEVICE and click on DELETE DATA
3. choose select data, select SMS MESSAGES and TEXT MESSAGES
4. They will delete and inbox will be empty but it will open and will work correctly.

1. connect BB to computer2. go to DEVICE and click on DELETE DATA3. choose select data, select SMS MESSAGES and TEXT MESSAGES4. They will delete and inbox will be empty but it will open and will work correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

1. connect BB to computer
2. go to DEVICE and click on DELETE DATA
3. choose select data, select SMS MESSAGES and TEXT MESSAGES
4. They will delete and inbox will be empty but it will open and will work correctly.

1. connect BB to computer2. go to DEVICE and click on DELETE DATA3. choose select data, select SMS MESSAGES and TEXT MESSAGES4. They will delete and inbox will be empty but it will open and will work correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

5 of 5 (1,732 Views)