Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2012
10:49:15 PM
View profile
Unauthorized charge to bank account

I just happened to check my bank account this morning.  I found a completely random charge from AT&T in the amout of $228.24.  I paid my bill (usually about $145/month)on about the 13th (not due until the 26th).  I checked the billing history online and it shows nothing about the $228.24 charge.  I called 611 and spoke to a customer service rep and the extent of her assistance was that she told me to visit my bank and ask them to challenge the charge...... I don't understand why they AT&T can take money out of my account without my permission, but they can't replace it.????? I have to fix the problem that they made????  I understand that mistakes happen, but I dont agree with me having to fix my service providers' mistake, shouldn't they make it right? Especially since it seems like they made the initial mistake?

I just happened to check my bank account this morning.  I found a completely random charge from AT&T in the amout of $228.24.  I paid my bill (usually about $145/month)on about the 13th (not due until the 26th).  I checked the billing history online and it shows nothing about the $228.24 charge.  I called 611 and spoke to a customer service rep and the extent of her assistance was that she told me to visit my bank and ask them to challenge the charge...... I don't understand why they AT&T can take money out of my account without my permission, but they can't replace it.????? I have to fix the problem that they made????  I understand that mistakes happen, but I dont agree with me having to fix my service providers' mistake, shouldn't they make it right? Especially since it seems like they made the initial mistake?

Unauthorized charge to bank account

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2012 11:22:24 PM
(0)
Guru

Do you have any other AT&T services?

Do you have any other AT&T services?

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Re: Unauthorized charge to bank account

2 of 2 (290 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments