Unable to receive or send text messages.

Contributor

Unable to receive or send text messages.

I received this phone—the Samsung Solstice II— about 4 days ago after being added to someone else's plan. I've attempted to text three different people, all of which say they never received a text from me. However, whenever I attempt to send a message it says "sent." I asked a friend—who sat beside me the whole time—to text my phone. I watched as they composed the message and sent it to my number. I never received the text from them. I did the same and they did not receive the message. I've never handled the SIM card, so I don't think it is dirty or physically damaged. 

Is there something wrong with my phone? Does being added to someone's current service have anything to do with this problem? I'm very stuck at this point. 

Thanks in advance. Any and all help will be deeply appreciated and loved.

Message 1 of 4 (958 Views)
Expert

Re: Unable to receive or send text messages.

inchoSnail...could you tell us if you were with another provider before you were added to your current account? If so, and if your number was ported from another provider, text messaging usually takes a little longer to switch over, as far as I know. You can also have the account holder contact CC at 1-800-331-0500 and check into it for you. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 4 (935 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for the reply. I've actually learned what the problem was and I feel pretty idiotic for it. Since I was added onto someone else's plan, according to a representative, my phone was only able to make calls—texting was something I had to get added. As I probably should, I feel a bit stupid for not reading into it more. 

Thanks again anyway. C:

Message 3 of 4 (928 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Don't feel stupid..that's what we are all here for..to ask questions and hopefully, to get answers. Maybe the account holder should look into getting an Unlimited Messaging Plan for $30/mo. You can pay for part of it and it would cover ALL phones on the account. It's just a suggestion.

Glad you got everything figured out anyway. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 4 (922 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.