Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 4, 2011
10:06:57 AM
View profile
Unable to hear Call Audio when Docked or via 3.5mm Jack

All,

Trying to see if I'm the only one experiencing this frustrating issue:

Unable to hear audio when on a call SGS2 is docked in the car dock, or if I have audio being output via the 3.5mm jack to speakers or stereo. I am able to hear audio fine when playing media, but not when on a call.

Note: I have the setting set to enable audio when docked.

TIA!!

All,

Trying to see if I'm the only one experiencing this frustrating issue:

Unable to hear audio when on a call SGS2 is docked in the car dock, or if I have audio being output via the 3.5mm jack to speakers or stereo. I am able to hear audio fine when playing media, but not when on a call.

Note: I have the setting set to enable audio when docked.

TIA!!

Unable to hear Call Audio when Docked or via 3.5mm Jack

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 10:19:14 AM
(0)
Master

When using car dock, the phone calls will be routed to the phone's speaker instead of your car audio. Bascially, it is on hands free speakerphone mode.

However, if you're  not using the car dock (the USB port is not connected your car dock) and connect directly to the 3.5mm audio jack on the phone, the phone call is routed through the 3.5mm audio jack.

Adjust your in-call volume to hear your audio in either case. It's a different volume setting than ringers or music.

When using car dock, the phone calls will be routed to the phone's speaker instead of your car audio. Bascially, it is on hands free speakerphone mode.

However, if you're  not using the car dock (the USB port is not connected your car dock) and connect directly to the 3.5mm audio jack on the phone, the phone call is routed through the 3.5mm audio jack.

Adjust your in-call volume to hear your audio in either case. It's a different volume setting than ringers or music.

Re: Unable to hear Call Audio when Docked or via 3.5mm Jack

2 of 4 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 10:39:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

This is a confirmed "feature"?? Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous?

I don't hear audio via 3.5mm jack or if it's docked.

This is a confirmed "feature"?? Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous?

I don't hear audio via 3.5mm jack or if it's docked.

3 of 4 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2011 10:58:42 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Nov 4, 2011 at 11:02:20 AM

I use this daily in either mode. And this is how it works. Like I said, you probably have to bump up the volume while in a call.

The non-docking mode output is designed to be used with wired head sets. So it works as it should be.

The docking mode output is unqiue to Gingerbread. That's exactly how it works on my old Captivate  running leaked GingerBread ROM. It is what it is.

I use this daily in either mode. And this is how it works. Like I said, you probably have to bump up the volume while in a call.

The non-docking mode output is designed to be used with wired head sets. So it works as it should be.

The docking mode output is unqiue to Gingerbread. That's exactly how it works on my old Captivate  running leaked GingerBread ROM. It is what it is.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (314 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments