Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 9, 2011
3:12:34 PM
View profile
Unable to download music using Music Store app on my Atrix 2

I've never had a smartphone before, so I'm a newbie at all of this.  I opened up the Music Store app, found an album to purchase and started to download it to my new Atrix 2.  It looks like it is downloading, but nothing is happening.  If you bring down the list of notifications, it shows "0 of 20 items downloaded" and the download supposedly has been going for 25 or 30 minutes now.  This doesn't seem like rocket science. 

I checked the settings for storage and it shows plenty of available space.  I can't figure out why this isn't working.  Can't you just download music directly onto the phone?  If not, why is there a music store app on the phone?

I've never had a smartphone before, so I'm a newbie at all of this.  I opened up the Music Store app, found an album to purchase and started to download it to my new Atrix 2.  It looks like it is downloading, but nothing is happening.  If you bring down the list of notifications, it shows "0 of 20 items downloaded" and the download supposedly has been going for 25 or 30 minutes now.  This doesn't seem like rocket science. 

I checked the settings for storage and it shows plenty of available space.  I can't figure out why this isn't working.  Can't you just download music directly onto the phone?  If not, why is there a music store app on the phone?

Unable to download music using Music Store app on my Atrix 2

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2011 7:23:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

Did you get any help with this.  I have the same problem

Did you get any help with this.  I have the same problem

Re: Unable to download music using Music Store app on my Atrix 2

2 of 7 (989 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 12:59:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

No, I haven't gotten any response or help with this problem yet.  Maybe no one knows.

No, I haven't gotten any response or help with this problem yet.  Maybe no one knows.

3 of 7 (962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 9:22:05 PM
(0)
Teacher
Try over a w-fi connection file that big might not download over wireless connection.
Try over a w-fi connection file that big might not download over wireless connection.

4 of 7 (949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 3:54:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

That's what I've been trying to do.  Wi-Fi keeps going in and out.  Says that it's authenticating then says it's disconnected - over and over again.  Wi-Fi won't stay connected long enough for downloads to complete, I think.

That's what I've been trying to do.  Wi-Fi keeps going in and out.  Says that it's authenticating then says it's disconnected - over and over again.  Wi-Fi won't stay connected long enough for downloads to complete, I think.

5 of 7 (924 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 9:13:56 PM
(0)
Teacher
Might need to get a replacement phone sounds like your WI-fi. Isn't working properly or maybe its the app.
Might need to get a replacement phone sounds like your WI-fi. Isn't working properly or maybe its the app.

6 of 7 (915 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 2:48:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Needed to work with my home wireless provider. They reset the password and now it's working.  Who knows why it wasn't working before.

Needed to work with my home wireless provider. They reset the password and now it's working.  Who knows why it wasn't working before.

7 of 7 (908 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments