Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
8:12:24 PM
View profile
Unable to connect to Wifi

The phone recognizes the wireless router in my house, and when I put in the wep, it is "obtaining IP address from..." A few times it came up with  can't connect because of incorrect password or network issues. Now it's continously cycling through "obtaining IP address from..."...Disconnected...Scanning and on and on. Any ideas?

The phone recognizes the wireless router in my house, and when I put in the wep, it is "obtaining IP address from..." A few times it came up with  can't connect because of incorrect password or network issues. Now it's continously cycling through "obtaining IP address from..."...Disconnected...Scanning and on and on. Any ideas?

Unable to connect to Wifi

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:25:01 AM
(0)
Scholar
We need the model of phone.
We need the model of phone.

Re: Unable to connect to Wifi

2 of 6 (729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:33:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks. Sorry, I was just on an HTC Inspire board and thought that this was too. What I have is an Inspire.

Thanks. Sorry, I was just on an HTC Inspire board and thought that this was too. What I have is an Inspire.

3 of 6 (729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:51:17 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Ann154 on Oct 9, 2011 at 9:52:25 AM

12Chris34 wrote:

This is the HTC "Brand" forum.  There have been several models of HTC phones in AT&T lineup.  Whether they are Windows Mobile OS or Android OS or something else.

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy

12Chris34 wrote:

This is the HTC "Brand" forum.  There have been several models of HTC phones in AT&T lineup.  Whether they are Windows Mobile OS or Android OS or something else.

Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 12:05:14 PM
(0)
Professor

12Chris34 wrote:

No, this is not an Inspire board. It is an HTC board. Apart from phone model, you will be more likely to get help if you provide router information and how you have it setup, including security. The Inspire is a wireless-N device that is backward compatible to wireless-G. You can manually configure your wireless connection on the phone in the settings menu.

12Chris34 wrote:

No, this is not an Inspire board. It is an HTC board. Apart from phone model, you will be more likely to get help if you provide router information and how you have it setup, including security. The Inspire is a wireless-N device that is backward compatible to wireless-G. You can manually configure your wireless connection on the phone in the settings menu.

5 of 6 (715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:04:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Just try power cycling the router itself.  Usually done just unplugging the power cord and the router, leave unplugged for a few seconds, then plug it in.  Let it boot up, usually takes a minute or 2.  Then try again.

It seems that issues connecting to the router as you described are almost always solved by rebooting the router, rather than any issue with the phone.

Of course, check the obvious, like making sure you are typing in the WiFI network passwork correctly.

Just try power cycling the router itself.  Usually done just unplugging the power cord and the router, leave unplugged for a few seconds, then plug it in.  Let it boot up, usually takes a minute or 2.  Then try again.

It seems that issues connecting to the router as you described are almost always solved by rebooting the router, rather than any issue with the phone.

Of course, check the obvious, like making sure you are typing in the WiFI network passwork correctly.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (704 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments