USPS Employee Discount...iPhone...Does it apply to data plan?

USPS Employee Discount...iPhone...Does it apply to data plan?

I just got my iPhone yesterday.  AT&T rep at the business center said the discount for USPS does not apply to the data plan...voice only.  So the $30 monthly data is unchanged.

Is that correct from what you guys know here?

Just seems strange...I did a Google search on the discounts and most said it applied to both voice and data.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16 (11,944 Views)
Scholar

Re: USPS Employee Discount...iPhone...Does it apply to data plan?

It all depends on the company's FAN program.

Message 2 of 16 (11,940 Views)
Master

All plans are different!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 16 (11,900 Views)

Oh...I understand that part of it.  I would like to know from another USPS employee...did you in fact get the discount on the data plan?  I just want to make sure I was given the real scoop and not some hogwash.  Thanks!!
Message 4 of 16 (11,867 Views)
Master

You may/may not find another USPS employee here.  You could go to an ATT store and ask to see the plan description they have in the system.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 16 (11,859 Views)

You could try to call your rep if you know him/her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 6 of 16 (11,851 Views)
Teacher

..Yes it does...You get a $7.50 discount bring the plans price to $22.50.

I am also a USPS employee.

Message 7 of 16 (11,845 Views)

Thanks.

Tobin1...Do you think I need to call and argue with someone else at AT&T to make sure the discount is applied if it is allowed on the data plan?  I just do not understand the AT&T customer service rep telling me it did not apply to the data plan if in fact it does.  My wireless account shows USPS employee at the top along with our FAN number.  Is that FAN on their enough or must I do something else to make sure it's applied?

Message 8 of 16 (11,840 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

The FAN number is simply enough.

When you order your Iphone and add the data plan, the discount should apply at checkout.

Message 9 of 16 (11,835 Views)

On my premier invoice it did show both the voice and data discount.  That was good.

On my account on-line it only showed the voice discount.  Nothing mentioned or showing about the data discount.  Hmmm...

Again, should I be proactive and argue this with someone at AT&T?  The first time I called them the rep said no data discounts.  That doesn't make sense since it was on my premier invoice.

Any last thoughts?

Message 10 of 16 (11,720 Views)

Just wait until you get your bill.  If you see "United States Postal Employees" at the top of OLAM, your all set.  It won't show the actual discount online.
Message 11 of 16 (15,612 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

Maybe you guys can help me out here. I'm a USPS employee also, who just got 2 iphones on a family plan. I purchased the phones at an AT&T store instead of using the website that was linked from liteblue.usps. When I was checking the prices on the website, it showed me that the activation fees would be waived and that the phone plan and data plan was discounted. Well my first bill just came in and I got charged the activation fees($36 & $26) plus no discount. On mywireless website it has the USPS and FAN # on top. So, am I missing something here? Do I have to wait a couple of bill cycles? Will they credit the activation fees?

Also what's the difference with AT&T premier? Do I have to sign up or something?

Thanks!!!!

Message Edited by stylez4o1 on 08-02-2009 09:26:07 PM
Message 12 of 16 (15,380 Views)
Tutor

Don't be surprised if you don't get your data plan discount.  My company has a FAN account with 15% off both the phone account and also the data plan.  I ordered my iPhone with new account activation through the Premier site with my FAN account.  I even printed out my final order form and it clearly shows both discounts.  I just got my second bill and the discount for the data plan still hasn't showed up.  I called AT&T customer service and they say no discounts on the data plan, even though I told them about the discounts I should be getting through my FAN account.  It looks like I'm out of luck.  It appears that even though I should be getting 15% off my data plan, AT&T is not honoring it.
Message 13 of 16 (15,343 Views)
Professor

EdinLA wrote:
Don't be surprised if you don't get your data plan discount.  My company has a FAN account with 15% off both the phone account and also the data plan.  I ordered my iPhone with new account activation through the Premier site with my FAN account.  I even printed out my final order form and it clearly shows both discounts.  I just got my second bill and the discount for the data plan still hasn't showed up.  I called AT&T customer service and they say no discounts on the data plan, even though I told them about the discounts I should be getting through my FAN account.  It looks like I'm out of luck.  It appears that even though I should be getting 15% off my data plan, AT&T is not honoring it.
Not all data plans are covered. Under my company I when I had the data plan I would not get a discount off the iPhone, but i would for my BB, but my wife would be able to get us a discount on the iPhone data plan, but she got a smaller discount than what I got. So best thing to do is call up the person who set up the FAN for the company and find out exactly what is covered.
Message 14 of 16 (15,307 Views)
Contributor

You have to understand how the system is set up - the sales department is there to tell you anything and everything that may get you to sign up. 

The people answering the Business Care line are there to refute everything the sales people say. 

The problem resolution people are there to tell you that both of them are right and both of them are wrong, and gee, aren't these bills really, really complicated?

I'm here to tell you if you want straightforward answers without all the obfuscation and outright falsehoods to start looking for a service other than AT&T.  I am. Man Happy

Message 15 of 16 (9,051 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.