USE OF SKYPE MOBILE SOFTWARE IN BLACKBERRY CURVE 2

Contributor

USE OF SKYPE MOBILE SOFTWARE IN BLACKBERRY CURVE 2

Question: Does anyone reading this post, have any comments pro or con, or any experience in using Skype.com Mobile software in an AT&T BlackBerry Curve 2. (Or any other Blackberry series Smart Phone/)

I use Skype on my 3 Toshiba Laptops to communicate with a USA FBI agent in Costa Rica, in visual mode, voice mode and text mode.

I have NO PROBLEMS whatsoever using Skype in this manner, nor with using AT&T's Customer Service.

Skype is an attractive add-on factor for any Smart Phone; thus I see this as why Verizon offers and supports it.

The BlackBerry is a complex and powerful Smart Phone and I cannot afford any service interruption in talking with the FBI agent.

Calls between the two phones on AT&T are peer-to-peer, area code and number, no need to use the International

Dialing prefixes.

As such, the calls are in a "calling circle" and there is no "anytime minutes" service or roaming charges, other than that imposed by the Costa Rica cellular phone services.

This matter warrants extra investigation. As a result, I am going to approach AT&T's Forum Experts with this same question.

(This Post is a cut-and-paste from PCWorld Magazine's Smart Phone forums.)

Message 1 of 1 (6,270 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support