USE OF SKYPE MOBILE SOFTWARE IN BLACKBERRY CURVE 2

Contributor

USE OF SKYPE MOBILE SOFTWARE IN BLACKBERRY CURVE 2

Question: Does anyone reading this post, have any comments pro or con, or any experience in using Skype.com Mobile software in an AT&T BlackBerry Curve 2. (Or any other Blackberry series Smart Phone/)

I use Skype on my 3 Toshiba Laptops to communicate with a USA FBI agent in Costa Rica, in visual mode, voice mode and text mode.

I have NO PROBLEMS whatsoever using Skype in this manner, nor with using AT&T's Customer Service.

Skype is an attractive add-on factor for any Smart Phone; thus I see this as why Verizon offers and supports it.

The BlackBerry is a complex and powerful Smart Phone and I cannot afford any service interruption in talking with the FBI agent.

Calls between the two phones on AT&T are peer-to-peer, area code and number, no need to use the International

Dialing prefixes.

As such, the calls are in a "calling circle" and there is no "anytime minutes" service or roaming charges, other than that imposed by the Costa Rica cellular phone services.

This matter warrants extra investigation. As a result, I am going to approach AT&T's Forum Experts with this same question.

(This Post is a cut-and-paste from PCWorld Magazine's Smart Phone forums.)

Message 1 of 1
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support