Posted Oct 3, 2011
2:20:31 PM
View profile
UNLOCKING MY SMARTPHONE
Edited by ShaunMN on Oct 3, 2011 at 3:12:04 PM

...Hey...my name is Godswill...I'm pleased to b a part of dis forum. I have a challenge though...I  have an at&t smartphone, a Blackberry Torch 9800,bt I'm presently in Nigeria and I've not been able to use it with any of the network service providers. I really need help with that...Thanks.

Here are the phone's details:

{Personal content removed for safety}

...Hey...my name is Godswill...I'm pleased to b a part of dis forum. I have a challenge though...I  have an at&t smartphone, a Blackberry Torch 9800,bt I'm presently in Nigeria and I've not been able to use it with any of the network service providers. I really need help with that...Thanks.

UNLOCKING MY SMARTPHONE

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 6:41:47 PM
(0)
Master

Godswill wrote:

Call ATT directly as they cannot provide that info via this forum.  That assumes your phone is eligible for unlocking by ATT.  Check out the link and you should be able to get the international number to call  them.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Godswill wrote:

Call ATT directly as they cannot provide that info via this forum.  That assumes your phone is eligible for unlocking by ATT.  Check out the link and you should be able to get the international number to call  them.

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: UNLOCKING MY SMARTPHONE

2 of 7 (4,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 2:03:14 PM
(0)
...Hello everyone... Uhm...I tried the link and made the call but there was no positive response...Maybe I'll just keep trying...Thanks
...Hello everyone... Uhm...I tried the link and made the call but there was no positive response...Maybe I'll just keep trying...Thanks

3 of 7 (4,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 12:02:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Godswill wrote:
That's right, keep trying. AT&T should be able to provide you the unlock code for your BlackBerry.

What did they tell you when you called the number?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Godswill wrote:
That's right, keep trying. AT&T should be able to provide you the unlock code for your BlackBerry.

What did they tell you when you called the number?

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (4,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 2:36:22 PM
(0)

...I tried speaking to any available customer support agent,since I cldnt get any option 4 phone unlock....there was none available to attend to me...

...I tried speaking to any available customer support agent,since I cldnt get any option 4 phone unlock....there was none available to attend to me...

5 of 7 (4,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 6:52:41 PM
(0)
Guru
if the phone came from att there should be an unlock code. if there is non, you can try to request for the unlock code. and they will make you one specifically for your imei.
if the phone came from att there should be an unlock code. if there is non, you can try to request for the unlock code. and they will make you one specifically for your imei.

6 of 7 (4,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 11:13:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

coolrhyme wrote:
That's right.

But Godswill, you have to call customer service to do this. You can select any department you'd like - if it's the wrong one, they are able to transfer you to the department where they feel that you will get the most amount of help. Don't let them tell you that they cannot unlock your phone - because they can if it's eligible.

coolrhyme wrote:
That's right.

But Godswill, you have to call customer service to do this. You can select any department you'd like - if it's the wrong one, they are able to transfer you to the department where they feel that you will get the most amount of help. Don't let them tell you that they cannot unlock your phone - because they can if it's eligible.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (4,024 Views)