Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 9, 2011
10:06:17 PM
View profile
Trying to understand how to convert to a family plan

Ok I "added a line" on my account in order to convert my single plan into a family plan, on the line I added I purchased an iphone 4s and was forced into choosing another individual plan even though I want to convert into a family plan. Right now I am under the impression that I will have to wait until my new iphone gets here and activate it and then turn it into a family plan? Is this correct? On a side note when I try to convert it to a family talk plan it says that there are not enough lines on the account, so I have to wait until my 4s gets here correct? My number and everything has already been transferred to att

On a side note, I ordered my phone from this account and it is not showing up under the "my orders" tab, I have to either use my phone number/order number in order to check its status

Im just very confused and want to be sure im getting the iphone and will be able to turn it into a family plan, starting to think I shouldve gone with sprint

Ok I "added a line" on my account in order to convert my single plan into a family plan, on the line I added I purchased an iphone 4s and was forced into choosing another individual plan even though I want to convert into a family plan. Right now I am under the impression that I will have to wait until my new iphone gets here and activate it and then turn it into a family plan? Is this correct? On a side note when I try to convert it to a family talk plan it says that there are not enough lines on the account, so I have to wait until my 4s gets here correct? My number and everything has already been transferred to att

On a side note, I ordered my phone from this account and it is not showing up under the "my orders" tab, I have to either use my phone number/order number in order to check its status

Im just very confused and want to be sure im getting the iphone and will be able to turn it into a family plan, starting to think I shouldve gone with sprint

Trying to understand how to convert to a family plan

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:18:27 AM
(0)
Master

You do need to wait to activate your phone to add the line and create a family plan.  As for not showing your order, you will need to call ATT and have them look at it from their end.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

You do need to wait to activate your phone to add the line and create a family plan.  As for not showing your order, you will need to call ATT and have them look at it from their end.

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Trying to understand how to convert to a family plan

2 of 5 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:50:40 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Boobie1998 on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:57:06 AM

When I did this on my line. I had to pick a regular plan, data and messaging. I did it online and it said that once i get the phone and activated there an option on my account that said convert to family plan. Click on that and you'll be able to change it. Hope this helps

I found what it said for me  when i added a line. Ill post it below:

Add a New Individual or FamilyTalk Plan

To add a new line of service to your account, or to add another line to your FamilyTalk account, begin here.

Note: For customers with one line of service wishing to add another line and convert to a FamilyTalk plan, please follow these steps:

1. Add a new line of service.
  2. After your new service has been activated, log in and click 'Convert to FamilyTalk.'

When I did this on my line. I had to pick a regular plan, data and messaging. I did it online and it said that once i get the phone and activated there an option on my account that said convert to family plan. Click on that and you'll be able to change it. Hope this helps

I found what it said for me  when i added a line. Ill post it below:

Add a New Individual or FamilyTalk Plan

To add a new line of service to your account, or to add another line to your FamilyTalk account, begin here.

Note: For customers with one line of service wishing to add another line and convert to a FamilyTalk plan, please follow these steps:

1. Add a new line of service.
  2. After your new service has been activated, log in and click 'Convert to FamilyTalk.'

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (1,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 12:53:56 PM
(0)

Thanks everyone!

is it also reasonable to assume that once the phone is activated, I will be able to switch a family messaging plan along with a family talk plan?

Thanks

Thanks everyone!

is it also reasonable to assume that once the phone is activated, I will be able to switch a family messaging plan along with a family talk plan?

Thanks

4 of 5 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 2:01:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
Yes, I was able to do that as well on my account.

Boobie1998
Yes, I was able to do that as well on my account.

Boobie1998

5 of 5 (1,108 Views)