Trying to download Oz IM

Teacher

Trying to download Oz IM

Hello. I Have a BlackBerry Pearl 8110, and I'm trying to find a download link for Oz Instant Messaging so I can install it on my phone. Could someone tell me how to get Oz IM on my BB? Thank You.

Also, if anyone knows a better IM client to use on my phone that uses SMS instead of a data plan, could they please post it? Thanks again.
Message 1 of 7
Voyager

Re: Trying to download Oz IM

On the blackberry go to MediaNet->Mail and Messaging->Mobile IM and download!
Message 2 of 7
Professor

Do you have a data plan at all? You will need the data plan to download the app. Right?

Message Edited by TNgal22 on 08-13-2008 12:13:50 PM
Message 3 of 7
Professor

You also need a data plan to use it. You still have to be able to sign in to whichever service you're using.
Message 4 of 7
Master

Would the download link be invisible/inactive unless the data plan is activated for the BB?

I thought the BB explorer doesn't get sent to the phone until the phone has a data plan?
Message 5 of 7
Professor

csp_gp wrote:
Would the download link be invisible/inactive unless the data plan is activated for the BB?

I thought the BB explorer doesn't get sent to the phone until the phone has a data plan?

That's correct. Without a data plan, the service books aren't sent to the phone and there are no browser icons. I think the OP is looking for a download that can be installed from a PC.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Master

Max69 wrote:

csp_gp wrote:

That's correct. Without a data plan, the service books aren't sent to the phone and there are no browser icons. I think the OP is looking for a download that can be installed from a PC.

Thanks for clarifying...

But the OZ IM requires data for sign in and to refresh buddy lists...so installing the app from a PC might be able to get it on his BB, but the app won't work unless he has a data plan...So, why bother? I don't get it.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support