Trying to download Oz IM

Teacher

Trying to download Oz IM

Hello. I Have a BlackBerry Pearl 8110, and I'm trying to find a download link for Oz Instant Messaging so I can install it on my phone. Could someone tell me how to get Oz IM on my BB? Thank You.

Also, if anyone knows a better IM client to use on my phone that uses SMS instead of a data plan, could they please post it? Thanks again.
Message 1 of 7 (5,217 Views)
Voyager

Re: Trying to download Oz IM

On the blackberry go to MediaNet->Mail and Messaging->Mobile IM and download!
Message 2 of 7 (5,213 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]
Do you have a data plan at all? You will need the data plan to download the app. Right?

Message Edited by TNgal22 on 08-13-2008 12:13:50 PM
Message 3 of 7 (5,200 Views)
Professor

You also need a data plan to use it. You still have to be able to sign in to whichever service you're using.
Message 4 of 7 (5,192 Views)
Master

Would the download link be invisible/inactive unless the data plan is activated for the BB?

I thought the BB explorer doesn't get sent to the phone until the phone has a data plan?
Message 5 of 7 (5,181 Views)
Professor

csp_gp wrote:
Would the download link be invisible/inactive unless the data plan is activated for the BB?

I thought the BB explorer doesn't get sent to the phone until the phone has a data plan?

That's correct. Without a data plan, the service books aren't sent to the phone and there are no browser icons. I think the OP is looking for a download that can be installed from a PC.
Message 6 of 7 (5,121 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Max69 wrote:

csp_gp wrote:

That's correct. Without a data plan, the service books aren't sent to the phone and there are no browser icons. I think the OP is looking for a download that can be installed from a PC.

Thanks for clarifying...

But the OZ IM requires data for sign in and to refresh buddy lists...so installing the app from a PC might be able to get it on his BB, but the app won't work unless he has a data plan...So, why bother? I don't get it.
Message 7 of 7 (5,090 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.