Trying to cancel my request for home phone line

Contributor

Trying to cancel my request for home phone line

I want to cancel my request for home phone however when I called the customer service # they had no records of me setting it up. I called for service on June 19 and was given a home # {Personal content removed for your safety}. The woman representative said it would be activated by June 21. It wasn't. I called June 22 to find out why and the representative, Leon, said he had no records at all for my line?? He was very rude, however I decided to start over and establish service AGAIN. He gave me the same phone # and gave me order #{Personal content removed for your safety}.
Leon was so hostile and rude that I got off the phone very unhappy. After thinking about the terrible customer service I decided to discontinue service. I called back to do so and they AGAIN had no records of my order?? Today I received a "welcome letter" from AT&T. Now I'm trying cancel service not wanting a bill. This unorganized process is ridiculous. I'm hoping this email will help me have assurance I will not get a bill for service I'm trying to cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Community Manager

Re: Trying to cancel my request for home phone line

Were you able to get this situation resolved? Please let me know so I can help if you still need assistance. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support