Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 10, 2010
11:31:34 AM
Trying To Switch My Number To Another AT&T phone?

I have an at&t number an im trying to switch it to a different phone because my other phone is actting up. The phone im trying to switch it to is the iphone my mom just gave me how would i go about doing this?

Help Plz

I have an at&t number an im trying to switch it to a different phone because my other phone is actting up. The phone im trying to switch it to is the iphone my mom just gave me how would i go about doing this?

Help Plz

Trying To Switch My Number To Another AT&T phone?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 2:07:20 PM
(0)
Master
Take the SIM card out of your phone and place it into the iPhone.  Call ATT and tell them to add the iPhone data plan to that line.  If you had a different data plan they will remove it and add the iPhone data plan.  The amount of the data plan depends on what iPhone it is.  If it's an iPhone 3G or 3GS the data plan is $30 month.  If its the original (first) iPhone then the data plan is $20 month.
Take the SIM card out of your phone and place it into the iPhone.  Call ATT and tell them to add the iPhone data plan to that line.  If you had a different data plan they will remove it and add the iPhone data plan.  The amount of the data plan depends on what iPhone it is.  If it's an iPhone 3G or 3GS the data plan is $30 month.  If its the original (first) iPhone then the data plan is $20 month.

Re: Trying To Switch My Number To Another AT&T phone?

2 of 7 (5,773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 2:08:21 PM
(0)
Professor
Call 611 from your wireless phone...
Call 611 from your wireless phone...

3 of 7 (5,773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 2:08:34 PM
(0)
Professor

insert your SIM card in to the iphone. but now here is  the catch.  you have to call AT&T or your mom if she owns the account and add the Iphone data plan.

is the iphone active?  if so just put your sim card in,but you will need the Iphone data plan that cotst 30$ a month!! and if you have fami unlimited texting text msg will be covered.

insert your SIM card in to the iphone. but now here is  the catch.  you have to call AT&T or your mom if she owns the account and add the Iphone data plan.

is the iphone active?  if so just put your sim card in,but you will need the Iphone data plan that cotst 30$ a month!! and if you have fami unlimited texting text msg will be covered.

hello!!!

4 of 7 (5,773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 11:21:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

the internet on my iphone an everything is working is that okay even tho i didnt ask them to switch it over? or did that automatically switch it over cause i was on the phone with them an i mention i had the iphone cause they had to tell me how to pop the thing out to put in my sim card...so do you think they just switched my data plan on that line to the iphone one or not

an another thing

does the iphone recieve picture txt messages?

the internet on my iphone an everything is working is that okay even tho i didnt ask them to switch it over? or did that automatically switch it over cause i was on the phone with them an i mention i had the iphone cause they had to tell me how to pop the thing out to put in my sim card...so do you think they just switched my data plan on that line to the iphone one or not

an another thing

5 of 7 (5,710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 5:58:58 PM
(0)
Master

ATaylor91 wrote:

an another thing

I would call and ask.  Its easier to correct issues now than later if ATT tries to bill you for the data.  You can also check using your Online Account Manager and looking under Features.

The iPhone 3G and 3GS can send/receive MMS picture messages.

The original (first) iPhone cannot send/receive MMS messages.

ATaylor91 wrote:

an another thing

I would call and ask.  Its easier to correct issues now than later if ATT tries to bill you for the data.  You can also check using your Online Account Manager and looking under Features.

The iPhone 3G and 3GS can send/receive MMS picture messages.

The original (first) iPhone cannot send/receive MMS messages.

6 of 7 (5,678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 10:07:57 PM
(0)
Former Moderator
Moved post to a thread of its own

7 of 7 (5,609 Views)