True AT&T fashion - the new website

True AT&T fashion - the new website

To continue to follow their internally defined "best" practice, AT&T decides to roll out an apparently half-baked website without a rollback plan just in case it fails. Now as a result, I have to sit on hold before I have the pleasure of paying my bill or perform other online tasks like upgrading my account.

Oh and thank you for the Microcell that I cannot activate because the website is down. I called for that too but Yolanda informed me that activation can only be done online.

I would like it if AT&T started planning for failure! People, it's technology, it breaks. As an IT Project Manager, I always have a roll back plan because sometimes things just don't work. Perhaps AT&T, you need to take your IT Management out; not to lunch or for drinks, but literally take them out. The track record indicates that they may only be half-witted.

I am very near my end with you and Verizon is very quickly bringing their network up to speed with yours. Me and my iWorld can easily travel.

Message 1 of 8 (481 Views)
Visitor

Re: True AT&T fashion - the new website

So, how do you complain?  I tried and that process is even more frustrating than the actual site being down?  It is ridiculous that a company the size of AT&T would not have a plan in place and allow their website to be down for going on day 3 now.  So, since the website is down, do I get 3 days credit on my bill?  Or can I now be move my payment back 3 days?  What do you think that odds of either of those happening?

Does anyone know who or how you address your complaints?

Message 2 of 8 (435 Views)
Professor

in my line of business, if this happened in production, "heads would roll", From the magnitude of fallout, MANY heads would roll for this one.
Message 3 of 8 (410 Views)
Master

You may address your complaints here if you'd like: AT&T Corporate E-mail: http://www.corp.att.com/contact/forms/inquiries.html

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 8 (382 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
You may address your complaints here if you'd like: AT&T Corporate E-mail: http://www.corp.att.com/contact/forms/inquiries.html

From my experience using the link  Wild Banchi posted, you WILL get responses and within a quick turnaround.  Also, the follow up and resolutions I have received from the att rep contacting and assigned to my question has been totally satisfactory.   Let us know your results after using the link.

Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8 (329 Views)
Scholar

I understand your frustration, but why should you get 3 days credit? you had full wireless service those 3 days.
Message 6 of 8 (323 Views)
Professor

yep, he would get Credit only for interupted call service, not for online inaccessibility. The site's a hot mess. Accounts locked again today. Too bad they didnt plan this out better.
Message 7 of 8 (322 Views)
Scholar

I thought at a minimum it would be easier to find what you want to do on the website, but it's just as confusing as it was beofre trying to find certain areas of the site. lol I wish they would let us link wireless and uverse together so It would all be there under one log in.
Message 8 of 8 (320 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.