Ask a question

Posted Jun 30, 2009
10:14:10 PM
View profile
Transferring text messages from Blackjack 2 to PC.
Edited by is300rulez on Jun 30, 2009 at 10:14:50 PM

Hi all,

I was looking to back up all my text messages currently stored on my phone.  Im sure I need some sort of 3rd party application, can anyone point me in the right direction of something free and easy to use?

I would prefer the messages to be stored as HTML, but I guess a text document would be okay as well.  I also dont want it to remove the messages from the phone.

I have a Samsung Blackjack 2 running Windows Mobile 6.1.

Message Edited by is300rulez on 06-30-2009 10:14:50 PM

Transferring text messages from Blackjack 2 to PC.

[ Edited ]
20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2009 11:05:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
Try www.dashwire.com .  I think you can save your texts there.  I use it for my pics and contacts.  Its free and easy to use, but will require some data usage. 

Re: Transferring text messages from Blackjack 2 to PC.

2 of 21 (8,641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2009 12:48:07 PM
(0)
Professor

Yes it will save texts as well. Uploads them automatically and you can delete what you don't want to keep.

Tiy can also check out Treasuremytexts.com. I have used both and prefer dashwire. Dashwire was a lifesaver when I had to reset my phone.

3 of 21 (8,614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2009 10:57:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks guys!

I will consider this, but I am instead looking to store it on my computer rather than it be web-based (stored in a .txt file or .html file).  I havent really seen anything for free.  Any other recommendations you guys can think of or use?

4 of 21 (8,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2009 4:36:31 PM
(0)
Explorer
Try Power SMS from Trinker Software.

5 of 21 (8,560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2009 10:22:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

allanda4989 wrote:
Try Power SMS from Trinker Software.

This seemed to work, as it backed up to data file.  But when I went to back up and export it to Excel file, it stopped on a certain message, errored and closed the program. Would you happen to know why this is happening?

6 of 21 (8,510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2009 11:09:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
Use daswhire if you want to store them on your dashwire dashboard. but dashwire doesnt allow for old text to sync back to your phone. and i dont think it allows you to save them on your pc. so for that use another sms app like others have posted above me.

7 of 21 (8,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2009 4:00:59 PM
(0)
Mentor
There is also Microsoft Myphone.

8 of 21 (8,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2009 4:44:51 PM
(0)
Professor
Myphone in my opinion is a superior service to Dashwire. It is easier to use and I find it much faster too.

9 of 21 (8,353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2009 2:17:49 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the suggestions!  I dont see anywhere that is says MyPhone can save the messages to my computer though, which is what I am looking for.

I really wish that powerSMS software did not freeze and error during export.  Does anyone else have any recommendations?  Im still looking for the proper software.

10 of 21 (8,211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2009 9:57:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been trying to do the same with my blackjack II bc I have a text message that as proof in a case. I dont want to loose any of this information but would like to be able to print the information. So my question is will all my text messages transfer to dashwire or can i pick and choose?

also dashwire.com doesnt have anything for blackjack 2 but I found another site that claims to have dashwire for the phone but I dont want to harm my computer or phone bc of a virus. anyone know anything about this?

11 of 21 (7,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2009 11:04:17 PM
(0)
Professor
I went to dashwire.com I was able to sign up for an account. and then, dashwire sent a link to my phone via text message. so that I could download the app to my phone. I have a blackjack 2..

12 of 21 (7,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2009 10:01:05 AM
(0)
Contributor
once you downloaded the application to your phone was the process pretty easy? i just want to be able to copy and paste some of those text messages to an email...will i be able to do that?

13 of 21 (7,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2009 1:26:27 PM
(0)
Teacher
Still curious on this, has anyone found a small text message manager application NOT web-based?  Surely someone has had to create this program... :[

14 of 21 (6,908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2009 3:17:13 PM
(0)
Professor

is300rulez wrote:
Still curious on this, has anyone found a small text message manager application NOT web-based?  Surely someone has had to create this program... :[
I have not seen one as of yet. Try looking at cnet. sometimes they have some new interesting stuff. also try getjar.com

15 of 21 (6,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2009 3:19:54 PM
(0)
Professor

niknack11 wrote:
once you downloaded the application to your phone was the process pretty easy? i just want to be able to copy and paste some of those text messages to an email...will i be able to do that?
 Yes it's fairly easy. You sign up online and it sends a link to your phone. you then get the app onto your device and login through the app to sync. You can have it scheduled to sync and also sync at anytime.
If you're interested in just copy and pasting some fo the texts.. you won't even need to use an unlimited data plan or dashwire. you could just use mms as long as you have an unlimited messaging plan it will be easy.  copy and paste the text. then place it in an mms and send it to your email. it will count as an mms. 

16 of 21 (6,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2009 6:43:48 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Skoolly on Oct 8, 2009 at 6:50:35 AM

I have looked every where for a software to do this such thing. Forget the forward by email thats a pain in the butt when you have over 500 messages in your phone that you want to keep.  I tried the trial version of this software. It gives you 15 days for free, very easy platform to use. You can back up all contacts, get contacts from your  simcard, text messages call log any information on your phone you want to keep on your OWN computer. By far this program awesome!!!

http://www.jeyo.com/companion.asp

Enjoy!

Works with all phones. Using a BlackJack II

Message Edited by Skoolly on 10-08-2009 06:50:35 AM

[ Edited ]
17 of 21 (6,304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2009 4:31:42 PM
(0)
Mentor
Still no good program out there? I just want to back them up before I do a reset because I have some I need to look back over.  I have no data plan

18 of 21 (5,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2009 10:55:22 AM
(0)
Expert

Sonic98 wrote:
     Still no good program out there? I just want to back them up before I do a reset because I have some I need to look back over.  I have no data plan.

The easiest thing for me is just to forward the messages to my email address.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

19 of 21 (5,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2009 3:53:16 AM
(0)
Mentor
I used to do that with txt I wanted to save before deleting txt but there is noway I can esaily foward all these txts I have.

20 of 21 (5,261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 7:32:36 AM
(0)
Mentor
Ok, I installd PowerSMS but I see no option for backup

21 of 21 (1,895 Views)