Transferring text messages from Blackjack 2 to PC.

Teacher

Transferring text messages from Blackjack 2 to PC.

Hi all,

I was looking to back up all my text messages currently stored on my phone.  Im sure I need some sort of 3rd party application, can anyone point me in the right direction of something free and easy to use?

I would prefer the messages to be stored as HTML, but I guess a text document would be okay as well.  I also dont want it to remove the messages from the phone.

I have a Samsung Blackjack 2 running Windows Mobile 6.1.

Message Edited by is300rulez on 06-30-2009 10:14:50 PM
Message 1 of 21
Scholar

Re: Transferring text messages from Blackjack 2 to PC.

Try www.dashwire.com .  I think you can save your texts there.  I use it for my pics and contacts.  Its free and easy to use, but will require some data usage. 
Message 2 of 21
Professor

Yes it will save texts as well. Uploads them automatically and you can delete what you don't want to keep.

Tiy can also check out Treasuremytexts.com. I have used both and prefer dashwire. Dashwire was a lifesaver when I had to reset my phone.

Message 3 of 21
Teacher

Thanks guys!

I will consider this, but I am instead looking to store it on my computer rather than it be web-based (stored in a .txt file or .html file).  I havent really seen anything for free.  Any other recommendations you guys can think of or use?

Message 4 of 21
Explorer

Try Power SMS from Trinker Software.
Message 5 of 21
Teacher

allanda4989 wrote:
Try Power SMS from Trinker Software.

This seemed to work, as it backed up to data file.  But when I went to back up and export it to Excel file, it stopped on a certain message, errored and closed the program. Would you happen to know why this is happening?

Message 6 of 21
Contributor

Use daswhire if you want to store them on your dashwire dashboard. but dashwire doesnt allow for old text to sync back to your phone. and i dont think it allows you to save them on your pc. so for that use another sms app like others have posted above me.
Message 7 of 21
Mentor

There is also Microsoft Myphone.
Message 8 of 21
Professor

Myphone in my opinion is a superior service to Dashwire. It is easier to use and I find it much faster too.
Message 9 of 21
Teacher

Thanks for the suggestions!  I dont see anywhere that is says MyPhone can save the messages to my computer though, which is what I am looking for.

I really wish that powerSMS software did not freeze and error during export.  Does anyone else have any recommendations?  Im still looking for the proper software.

Message 10 of 21
Contributor

I have been trying to do the same with my blackjack II bc I have a text message that as proof in a case. I dont want to loose any of this information but would like to be able to print the information. So my question is will all my text messages transfer to dashwire or can i pick and choose?

also dashwire.com doesnt have anything for blackjack 2 but I found another site that claims to have dashwire for the phone but I dont want to harm my computer or phone bc of a virus. anyone know anything about this?

Message 11 of 21
Master

I went to dashwire.com I was able to sign up for an account. and then, dashwire sent a link to my phone via text message. so that I could download the app to my phone. I have a blackjack 2..
Message 12 of 21
Contributor

once you downloaded the application to your phone was the process pretty easy? i just want to be able to copy and paste some of those text messages to an email...will i be able to do that?
Message 13 of 21
Teacher

Still curious on this, has anyone found a small text message manager application NOT web-based?  Surely someone has had to create this program... :[
Message 14 of 21
Master

is300rulez wrote:
Still curious on this, has anyone found a small text message manager application NOT web-based?  Surely someone has had to create this program... :[
I have not seen one as of yet. Try looking at cnet. sometimes they have some new interesting stuff. also try getjar.com

Message 15 of 21
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support