Transferring Financial Responsibility

Contributor

Transferring Financial Responsibility

We have a family plan (4 phones in the plan) in my mother's name. I have been paying the bill for quite some time and would like to transfer the account into my name. If I do this would we lose our current bank of rollover minutes (it is quite substantial)?

Also my IPhone has the old data plan of unlimited data for $30.00 per month, would I lose the unlimited data plan?

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Transferring Financial Responsibility

BrooklynRosie wrote:

We have a family plan (4 phones in the plan) in my mother's name. I have been paying the bill for quite some time and would like to transfer the account into my name. If I do this would we lose our current bank of rollover minutes (it is quite substantial)?

Also my IPhone has the old data plan of unlimited data for $30.00 per month, would I lose the unlimited data plan?

It has been posted here before - your do a transfer of billing responsiblity it is treated as a new account that the grandfathered plan is no longer avaialble

Message 2 of 4

Wingrider is 100% correct. You will lose grandfathered status of your unlimited data plan for iphone. It cannot be carried over to your new account.

Message 3 of 4
Employee

If you transfer all of the lines, you can keep the rollover minutes. But the unlimited data plan will be gone. The new account is just that, a new account. Even if thus numbers have been active forever, you have not been the account holder so new data plan it is. But take a look at your usage, most people who have unlimited don't actually need unlimited.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support