Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 5, 2011
3:10:37 PM
Transfering Contacts

So how does one transfer iPhone 3GS Contact List to an LG with the same SIM card? Through iTunes? BlueTooth? I'm running 4.2 on my iPhone and OS 10.6 on my iMac G5. I have Entourage and a Mobile Me account as well. Or am I stuck with having to do re-entering everything manually?

So how does one transfer iPhone 3GS Contact List to an LG with the same SIM card? Through iTunes? BlueTooth? I'm running 4.2 on my iPhone and OS 10.6 on my iMac G5. I have Entourage and a Mobile Me account as well. Or am I stuck with having to do re-entering everything manually?

Transfering Contacts

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 4:14:38 PM
(0)
Professor

The iPhone does not support saving contacts to the SIM card or transferring them via Bluetooth.

Does the LG phone support syncing with your computer or an exchange service?

If it does, then set it up to sync.

If it does not, have fun manually entering them.

The iPhone does not support saving contacts to the SIM card or transferring them via Bluetooth.

Does the LG phone support syncing with your computer or an exchange service?

If it does, then set it up to sync.

If it does not, have fun manually entering them.

Re: Transfering Contacts

2 of 12 (1,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 5:06:17 PM
(0)
Guru

You'll need to sync your LG mobile phone to your computer, and you'll need to save your iPhone 3GS' contacts, using iTunes, to a compatible contacts application (Mac) or program (PC) that'll work with your LG mobile phone. How do you have Mac OS X 10.6.x on a PowerPC-based Mac (i.e. iMac G5)? Mac OS X 10.6.x requires and Intel-based Mac.

You'll need to sync your LG mobile phone to your computer, and you'll need to save your iPhone 3GS' contacts, using iTunes, to a compatible contacts application (Mac) or program (PC) that'll work with your LG mobile phone. How do you have Mac OS X 10.6.x on a PowerPC-based Mac (i.e. iMac G5)? Mac OS X 10.6.x requires and Intel-based Mac.

Experience the Underlyingsound.

3 of 12 (1,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 7:10:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

G5's are Intel.

Thanks, btw, for the info.

G5's are Intel.

4 of 12 (1,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 9:59:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What kind of LG phone do you have?  If it is one that you can put the Bump app on, I would think that you could transfer your contacts that way.

What kind of LG phone do you have?  If it is one that you can put the Bump app on, I would think that you could transfer your contacts that way.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 12 (1,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 8:19:08 AM
(0)
Guru

bigmackdaddy wrote:

G5's are Intel.

Really? I didn't know that, thank you for the information!

bigmackdaddy wrote:

G5's are Intel.

Really? I didn't know that, thank you for the information!

Experience the Underlyingsound.

6 of 12 (1,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 9:11:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

It's a GO phone. An LG Prime GS390.

It's a GO phone. An LG Prime GS390.

7 of 12 (1,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 3:57:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

G5 Macs are use a PowerPC processor, not an Intel processor so 10.5 is the last OS made for them.

You can text message contact cards as a MMS message so that may be an option.

G5 Macs are use a PowerPC processor, not an Intel processor so 10.5 is the last OS made for them.

8 of 12 (1,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 6:35:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

TerriZeee wrote:

iTunes 10.1.2 (the newest release) requires Mac OS-X v10.5 or newer, so as long as they are running Leopard on their G5, then they can use iTuens to sync their contacts into their Mac Address Book.  I don't know what LG offers for syncing from a Mac, but I would suspect that if they offer anything, then the Mac Address Book would be one of the supported applications.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

TerriZeee wrote:

iTunes 10.1.2 (the newest release) requires Mac OS-X v10.5 or newer, so as long as they are running Leopard on their G5, then they can use iTuens to sync their contacts into their Mac Address Book.  I don't know what LG offers for syncing from a Mac, but I would suspect that if they offer anything, then the Mac Address Book would be one of the supported applications.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 12 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 7:44:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have an iMac G5. It has a 3.06 Dual Core Intel. 10.6 OS X. I did say iMac in my OP, but forgot to add the appropriate "i" in my first reply. Sorry about the confusion.

I have an iMac G5. It has a 3.06 Dual Core Intel. 10.6 OS X. I did say iMac in my OP, but forgot to add the appropriate "i" in my first reply. Sorry about the confusion.

10 of 12 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 8:17:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by TerriZeee on Feb 6, 2011 at 8:19:45 PM

bigmackdaddy wrote:

You have an iMac but it isn't a G5 iMac if it has an Intel processor, which is a good thing since the G5 chip is old technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMac_G5

But it doesn't matter since, as GeekBoy pointed out, the latest version of iTunes runs under 10.5 which was the final OS made for the PowerPC Macs so either way you are good to go.

I have a few G4 and G5 Macs that are still doing useful. They just won't run 10.6 and aren't as fast as the newer Macs which are all Intel now,

You could do an export from your Mac's address book and then use a SIM card reader to write the contacts to your a SIM card and then put that card in your new phone although unless you have a real lot of contacts is probably not worth the time and expense to do this.

You could also sync your contacts to Google and then sync them back to your new phone if it can access the web.

bigmackdaddy wrote:

You have an iMac but it isn't a G5 iMac if it has an Intel processor, which is a good thing since the G5 chip is old technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMac_G5

But it doesn't matter since, as GeekBoy pointed out, the latest version of iTunes runs under 10.5 which was the final OS made for the PowerPC Macs so either way you are good to go.

I have a few G4 and G5 Macs that are still doing useful. They just won't run 10.6 and aren't as fast as the newer Macs which are all Intel now,

You could do an export from your Mac's address book and then use a SIM card reader to write the contacts to your a SIM card and then put that card in your new phone although unless you have a real lot of contacts is probably not worth the time and expense to do this.

You could also sync your contacts to Google and then sync them back to your new phone if it can access the web.

[ Edited ]
11 of 12 (332 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 8:46:57 AM
(0)
Guru

Personally I use google to sync my contacts. If its possible to access the web, I would highly reccommend this.

Hope this helps. 

Google Sync Contacts

Personally I use google to sync my contacts. If its possible to access the web, I would highly reccommend this.

Hope this helps. 

Google Sync Contacts

12 of 12 (308 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments