Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 5, 2012
1:12:54 PM
View profile
Transfer of billing responsibility

i am under my parents account and the 2 yr contract has ended so i would like to transfer the billing responsibility so that i may pay for it on my own.
doing so will not affect my phone upgrades will it? also if the original owner for the account (mother) is not up to changing account details is there any way to transfer the billing responsibility with out her consent? i doubt it... but she would rather just cancel my line completely and then i'd have to start all this with at&t all over again and will most likely not get an upgraded phone. 
would it be possible to change this if i have some of the account information or is it just all completely up to her?
thanks
-stephanie 

i am under my parents account and the 2 yr contract has ended so i would like to transfer the billing responsibility so that i may pay for it on my own.
doing so will not affect my phone upgrades will it? also if the original owner for the account (mother) is not up to changing account details is there any way to transfer the billing responsibility with out her consent? i doubt it... but she would rather just cancel my line completely and then i'd have to start all this with at&t all over again and will most likely not get an upgraded phone. 
would it be possible to change this if i have some of the account information or is it just all completely up to her?
thanks
-stephanie 

Transfer of billing responsibility

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2012 2:11:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Unless you are an authorized user on the account, you can't do anything without your mother's consent.
Why would she not allow you to transfer the account? By closing your account, you would lose your phone number and have to start over.
Transferring billing responsibility does not affect upgrade eligibility.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Unless you are an authorized user on the account, you can't do anything without your mother's consent.
Why would she not allow you to transfer the account? By closing your account, you would lose your phone number and have to start over.
Transferring billing responsibility does not affect upgrade eligibility.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Transfer of billing responsibility

2 of 4 (1,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2012 2:16:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

sometimes mothers get upset and don't want to do anything that will benefit you, that's why ha.
but thank you for the answer! 

sometimes mothers get upset and don't want to do anything that will benefit you, that's why ha.
but thank you for the answer! 

3 of 4 (1,453 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2012 2:30:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'd ported out with a different company. You'll need her social, pin (if there is one), and account number. Or simply call customer care and make it seems as you are your mom ask them to allow here daughter to process a tor ask them to leave notes specifying that and ask them to add yourself as an authorized user. Once that's done go into a corporate store or call care again and conduct the transfer of responsibility. It's simple.
I'd ported out with a different company. You'll need her social, pin (if there is one), and account number. Or simply call customer care and make it seems as you are your mom ask them to allow here daughter to process a tor ask them to leave notes specifying that and ask them to add yourself as an authorized user. Once that's done go into a corporate store or call care again and conduct the transfer of responsibility. It's simple.

4 of 4 (1,355 Views)