Transfer of Responsibility

Contributor

Transfer of Responsibility

I am currently part of a family plan and I am looking to transfer the responsibility of my number to me instead of my father, the primary account holder. If I transfer responsibility, is this going to affect the bill for the rest of my family, who wishes to stay in the family plan? Also, my phone number is currently the primary phone number on the account. Does another number simply get chosen to be the new primary number once I transfer responsibility of my number?

Message 1 of 2 (188 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Transfer of Responsibility

Transferring your phone line out of the account will not affect the other lines left on the account.
Another line will be selected as primary once yours is removed.
You may want to check to see if you need a deposit to have your own account. You shouldn't need a deposit if you have a good credit history.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (183 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.