Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 31, 2012
4:28:21 PM
View profile
Transfer of Billing: An email address on your account is missing

I am trying transfer billing responsibilities from the current account under my dad's social to a new account under my name and social security #.

However, when I try to process, it says that there is no email address on the current account, so its not even letting me send the transfer of billing to a new email/new name. 

Which is a lie since I CLEARLY SEE email addresses under both the account and user information.

So I called to get this sorted out and of course customer support seems to have no problem what so ever getting this to work, aside from the fact that they will happily collect $18.

I didn't go through with the transfer yet, but it begs the question: what sort of scam is this?

It's free to transfer billing responsibilities online, but ATT puts me in a situation where it's impossible to do so.

Any advice?

I am trying transfer billing responsibilities from the current account under my dad's social to a new account under my name and social security #.

However, when I try to process, it says that there is no email address on the current account, so its not even letting me send the transfer of billing to a new email/new name. 

Which is a lie since I CLEARLY SEE email addresses under both the account and user information.

So I called to get this sorted out and of course customer support seems to have no problem what so ever getting this to work, aside from the fact that they will happily collect $18.

I didn't go through with the transfer yet, but it begs the question: what sort of scam is this?

It's free to transfer billing responsibilities online, but ATT puts me in a situation where it's impossible to do so.

Any advice?

Transfer of Billing: An email address on your account is missing

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2012 6:50:08 PM
(0)
Master

Reach out to Jamileh who is one of the community managers here.  She may be able to help you.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Reach out to Jamileh who is one of the community managers here.  She may be able to help you.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Transfer of Billing: An email address on your account is missing

2 of 2 (568 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments