Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 29, 2010
7:57:18 AM
Trading in an I-4.....

Is it possible to go to Apple and trade in my new I-4 for an I-3?  I hate the face-time feature and my face keeps turning it on.  I'd be just as happy with an I-3...if so can they transfer my apps?  And do they have I-3s with more than 8GB, I have the I-4 32GB, and would like the same GBs in the I-3.  I have never had an I-phone before, so sorry for the stupid questions.

Is it possible to go to Apple and trade in my new I-4 for an I-3?  I hate the face-time feature and my face keeps turning it on.  I'd be just as happy with an I-3...if so can they transfer my apps?  And do they have I-3s with more than 8GB, I have the I-4 32GB, and would like the same GBs in the I-3.  I have never had an I-phone before, so sorry for the stupid questions.

Trading in an I-4.....

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 8:21:26 AM
(0)
Expert

myvueof2 wrote:

If oyu ar within the first 30 days it can be done. Other then that sell the I4 and pay full retail for the 3GS

myvueof2 wrote:

If oyu ar within the first 30 days it can be done. Other then that sell the I4 and pay full retail for the 3GS

Re: Trading in an I-4.....

2 of 10 (1,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 8:24:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

How would your face turn on Facetime?

How would your face turn on Facetime?

3 of 10 (1,510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 8:27:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

I suppose my cheek hits it when I am talking.  It does it almost every time I talk.  I also drop a lot of calls.  If I trade in on the i-3, can they download my apps and music onto the 3?  And do they have a 3 with atleast 16GBs?  I will even take a refurbished one.

I suppose my cheek hits it when I am talking.  It does it almost every time I talk.  I also drop a lot of calls.  If I trade in on the i-3, can they download my apps and music onto the 3?  And do they have a 3 with atleast 16GBs?  I will even take a refurbished one.

4 of 10 (1,505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 9:30:29 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Did you get a 4.1 update?

Did you get a 4.1 update?

5 of 10 (1,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 10:26:13 AM
(0)
Professor

myvueof2 wrote:

Is it possible to go to Apple and trade in my new I-4 for an I-3? 

Do you mean the 3G or 3GS?

You can sell your iPhone4 and purchase any iPhone you please.  The apps will transfer (via your iTunes account) to any other iPhone running iOS4 that you purchase.

The only way you will get a 16gb or 32gb version of the 3GS is to buy a used or refurbished one.  The current "new" 3GS is only 3GB.

Maybe you should take a little time to ensure your iPhone4 is fully updated, no cases are impeding the function of the proximity sensor, and basically just learn how to use it.

Frankly, your complaints sound more like a user with limited understanding of how the product works, rather than actual issues.

myvueof2 wrote:

Is it possible to go to Apple and trade in my new I-4 for an I-3? 

Do you mean the 3G or 3GS?

You can sell your iPhone4 and purchase any iPhone you please.  The apps will transfer (via your iTunes account) to any other iPhone running iOS4 that you purchase.

The only way you will get a 16gb or 32gb version of the 3GS is to buy a used or refurbished one.  The current "new" 3GS is only 3GB.

Maybe you should take a little time to ensure your iPhone4 is fully updated, no cases are impeding the function of the proximity sensor, and basically just learn how to use it.

Frankly, your complaints sound more like a user with limited understanding of how the product works, rather than actual issues.

6 of 10 (1,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 10:32:52 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by josephz2va on Sep 29, 2010 at 10:34:34 AM
  • FaceTime can be turned off if you hate it by going to settings/phone/facetime OFF. This will disable FaceTime and the icon on your phone display should no longer show.
  • The proximity sensor was semi-attenuated on the 4.1 patch. Note however most are lucky to not experience the proxy issue. You can visit Apple Store for a trade-off on a working model. They can unlock and program it for you and you can try to do the Proxy Sensor bit again.
  • FaceTime can be turned off if you hate it by going to settings/phone/facetime OFF. This will disable FaceTime and the icon on your phone display should no longer show.
  • The proximity sensor was semi-attenuated on the 4.1 patch. Note however most are lucky to not experience the proxy issue. You can visit Apple Store for a trade-off on a working model. They can unlock and program it for you and you can try to do the Proxy Sensor bit again.

[ Edited ]
7 of 10 (1,439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 8:37:08 PM
(0)
Scholar
For some the ps did not fix on 4.1 if you go to the apple support forum you will see some people still have the ps issue. As to what others said you can turn off facetime in settings >phone
For some the ps did not fix on 4.1 if you go to the apple support forum you will see some people still have the ps issue. As to what others said you can turn off facetime in settings >phone
Written on my iPhone 4 32 GB

8 of 10 (1,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 11:41:37 AM
(0)
Guru

Minor correction-the 3Gs has 8gb, not 3gb.  I have never turned on Facetime accidentally during a call.  I even had to make a call and look at the screen to see where Facetime was located.  I have never had the sensor issue and love my iPhone 4.  Definitely try updating and see what happens. The screen is so much more clear than on my daughter's 3G; it would be so hard to go back.

Minor correction-the 3Gs has 8gb, not 3gb.  I have never turned on Facetime accidentally during a call.  I even had to make a call and look at the screen to see where Facetime was located.  I have never had the sensor issue and love my iPhone 4.  Definitely try updating and see what happens. The screen is so much more clear than on my daughter's 3G; it would be so hard to go back.

9 of 10 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 5:46:20 PM
(0)
Guru

ormom51 wrote:

I just got my iPhone 4 Wednesday and am the first in my group to get the 4.  We are all amazed at the quality of the screen expecially putting it up next to the 3gs...

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

ormom51 wrote:

I just got my iPhone 4 Wednesday and am the first in my group to get the 4.  We are all amazed at the quality of the screen expecially putting it up next to the 3gs...

Sent from my iPhone 4

10 of 10 (1,119 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments