Touch Screen Problems

Contributor

Touch Screen Problems

I have had my LG Incite for less than a year. It is a refurb. In the last month or so, it has been acting up. When I try to touch something on the screen it may or may not hit what I tried to select. More often than not, it hits up to a 1/2 inch away (usually above) where I touched the screen. Sometimes when I touch the screen (no matter what I already have on the screen or where I touch it) it acts like I hit the LG Menu button that appears in the bottom right of the home screen. It does this even if I am trying to dial a number in the phone screen or write a text message. I have tried the digitizer multiple times to reset it (which is hard to get to if you can't use the touch screen to get to it). I have also used the reset button and powered the phone off, to no effect. Is there any way to fix this or should I just get another phone?
Message 1 of 8 (2,476 Views)
Master

Re: Touch Screen Problems

If you live near one of AT&T's device support centers, I would recommend that you take your phone in, and have one of the techs look at it for you.
Message 2 of 8 (2,445 Views)
Contributor

Would that be a store? Or is there another location?
Message 3 of 8 (2,432 Views)
Teacher

Are you able to get to the screen calibration (<Settings><System><Screen>)?  If so, try to recalibrate.  If not, are you still under warranty?  Contact ATT, and see if they will replace the unit.  My first one had similar problems.
Message 4 of 8 (2,421 Views)
Master

Shamgar's Goad wrote:
Would that be a store? Or is there another location?

Here is a link to help you select a location that is near you. Link.

Message 5 of 8 (2,389 Views)
Scholar

Alternate way of a master reset......

Power the device off.

Press and hold the following keys in sequence.....
......These keys are the "Volume Down", "Camera" and "End" keys.

Keep pressing until the LCD screen turns on.

Align screen will appear if the device was successfully reset. 

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 8 (2,359 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

HelloI have had two LG Vu CU920 Black Phone's, that stopped working with the same problem the touch pad. It seems to be a reoccuring problem, and I can't get the second one replaced by Wirefly.com where I purchased it. I have tried twice to get the second one replaced even with a different phone all together. They told me to check with my carrier for support or other words simply **** off.

This is their response:

Dear Mr. Rinckey, Unfortunately your membership has expired back on 11/14/09 so we can no longer assist you. Please contact your carrier for further coverage.Thank you, Sami {Personal content removed} Customer ServiceWeb: www.mobiledeviceprotection.com

Email:  customer.service@mobiledeviceprotection.com Fax: 561-721-0385

I strongly suggest not using their web site in ordering a phone or service. This is not a individual occurance.

Message Edited by mod.moose on 03-01-2010 07:36:24 PM
Message 7 of 8 (2,160 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

HI! So i just did the master reset like you said, now i my screen isnt aligning at all. and i cant get back into my phone now. so do i just go to a att store and have them look at it or do you think you can help me.

Message 8 of 8 (1,527 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.