Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2011
3:43:15 PM
Torch 4G Tethering...

Ok, so for many reasons, I gave up on the Samsung Infuse I've been using for almost the last month and came back to Blackberry.  Specifically the 4G Torch.

The Infuse's WiFi hotspot feature was very nice, however.  I could get up to 3000 kbps out of it here where I live.  I've since changed my plan over to tethering on the Torch, but I've only seen up to 86 kbps out of it, over USB, in the same location.

What gives?  Is Blackberry's tethering really THIS bad?  I've tried tethering through Desktop Manager, without, Bluetooth, USB, etc. 

Ok, so for many reasons, I gave up on the Samsung Infuse I've been using for almost the last month and came back to Blackberry.  Specifically the 4G Torch.

The Infuse's WiFi hotspot feature was very nice, however.  I could get up to 3000 kbps out of it here where I live.  I've since changed my plan over to tethering on the Torch, but I've only seen up to 86 kbps out of it, over USB, in the same location.

What gives?  Is Blackberry's tethering really THIS bad?  I've tried tethering through Desktop Manager, without, Bluetooth, USB, etc. 

Torch 4G Tethering...

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments