Helpful Links

To all atrix users having text & MMS issues.....

Tutor

To all atrix users having text & MMS issues.....

My wife was having issues D/L pics via MMS, the solution I found was to go to Settings<Data Manager<Data Delivery , and make sure that Background data and Data enabled are checked in the menu selections, I forgot that i turned these off to save battery power, and it was preventing the D/L of MMS, go figure, hope this helps someone

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: To all atrix users having text & MMS issues.....

I also discovered another reason this can happen; it's not Atrix-specific but as I have an Atrix, I was searching for Atrix-related information and couldn't find this info and so I'm posting here in case another user is in the same boat as me:  it is possible to get on an SMS-only plan and the only way you'll know it (before calling AT&T) is that you'll find that your MMS messages don't go out and when someone sends you an MMS message, you won't get it but you will instead get a text message pointing you to the viewmymessage.com site to see the MMS content. This may only be possible on corporate plans: when I called AT&T, they told me that my MMS features were blocked; I had to handle getting them unblocked through my company's mobile technology agent.

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

good point, ours are personal phones, like i said as op, what i did worked, but i also still turned off the background data, and she is still getting her MMS texts, but, you still have a very valid point, thanks  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
Former Moderator
Moved:

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support