To all atrix users having text & MMS issues.....

Tutor

To all atrix users having text & MMS issues.....

My wife was having issues D/L pics via MMS, the solution I found was to go to Settings<Data Manager<Data Delivery , and make sure that Background data and Data enabled are checked in the menu selections, I forgot that i turned these off to save battery power, and it was preventing the D/L of MMS, go figure, hope this helps someone

Message 1 of 4 (4,266 Views)
Contributor

Re: To all atrix users having text & MMS issues.....

I also discovered another reason this can happen; it's not Atrix-specific but as I have an Atrix, I was searching for Atrix-related information and couldn't find this info and so I'm posting here in case another user is in the same boat as me:  it is possible to get on an SMS-only plan and the only way you'll know it (before calling AT&T) is that you'll find that your MMS messages don't go out and when someone sends you an MMS message, you won't get it but you will instead get a text message pointing you to the viewmymessage.com site to see the MMS content. This may only be possible on corporate plans: when I called AT&T, they told me that my MMS features were blocked; I had to handle getting them unblocked through my company's mobile technology agent.

Message 2 of 4 (4,142 Views)
Tutor

good point, ours are personal phones, like i said as op, what i did worked, but i also still turned off the background data, and she is still getting her MMS texts, but, you still have a very valid point, thanks  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4 (4,120 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator

Message 4 of 4 (3,743 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.