Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 8, 2009
1:08:29 PM
Time wasn't changed on my phone yet. Help please.
Its now 1:06 pm & my phone still says 12:06 pm.  My daughter also has ATT & her phone automatically updated.  Any idea why mine hasn't?  I tried calling customer service but of course they're closed today.
Its now 1:06 pm & my phone still says 12:06 pm.  My daughter also has ATT & her phone automatically updated.  Any idea why mine hasn't?  I tried calling customer service but of course they're closed today.

Time wasn't changed on my phone yet. Help please.

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 1:12:56 PM
(0)
Master
Depends on your phone but somewhere in your settings is a time and date option to accept updates from the network vs setting it manually on the phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Depends on your phone but somewhere in your settings is a time and date option to accept updates from the network vs setting it manually on the phone.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Time wasn't changed on my phone yet. Help please.

2 of 11 (164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 1:15:44 PM
(0)
Professor

szanhil11 wrote:

First, just try power cycling the phone. (Turn it off, then back on.)

What phone do you have?  Check the menu settings under clock or time.  You may need to enable auto-update.

szanhil11 wrote:

First, just try power cycling the phone. (Turn it off, then back on.)

What phone do you have?  Check the menu settings under clock or time.  You may need to enable auto-update.

3 of 11 (163 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 1:29:58 PM
(0)
Tutor
I actually hadn't thought of powering off & on.  I did that & the time is still wrong.  I checked the menu settings & the time & time zone are supposed to be automatic & are enabled.  I guess I'll just have to call ATT tomorrow.
I actually hadn't thought of powering off & on.  I did that & the time is still wrong.  I checked the menu settings & the time & time zone are supposed to be automatic & are enabled.  I guess I'll just have to call ATT tomorrow.

4 of 11 (157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 1:34:21 PM
(0)
Master
Are both phones getting the time from the same physical location?  Maybe the tower you are reaching has not been adjusted properly?

Are both phones getting the time from the same physical location?  Maybe the tower you are reaching has not been adjusted properly?

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

5 of 11 (154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 1:38:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
My daughter lives in Seattle & I live in a town about 30 miles south of Seattle so the cell tower problem sounds like a definite possibility.. 
My daughter lives in Seattle & I live in a town about 30 miles south of Seattle so the cell tower problem sounds like a definite possibility.. 

6 of 11 (151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 1:48:29 PM
(0)
Scholar

szanhil11 wrote:

You might try pulling your battery and sim card and then just putting it all back together and turning it on.  I thought Customer Service had an after hours option, I seem to remember calling them on Sunday a month or two ago???

szanhil11 wrote:

You might try pulling your battery and sim card and then just putting it all back together and turning it on.  I thought Customer Service had an after hours option, I seem to remember calling them on Sunday a month or two ago???

7 of 11 (147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 3:57:43 PM
(0)
Expert

Goturanswers wrote:

szanhil11 wrote:

After hours support is 1-866-801-3600.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Goturanswers wrote:

szanhil11 wrote:

After hours support is 1-866-801-3600.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

8 of 11 (136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 5:15:48 PM
(0)
Guru
a lotta the phones do have the time updated automatically but if you remember daylight savings time actually starts earlier now than in the past so depending on your phones software you may have to turn the auto-update off keep it on manual update. I had to do the same for my BJack due to outdated software. The easiest fix is to update it on your own because if you call customer service they'll tell you to do the same thing as well!!!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
a lotta the phones do have the time updated automatically but if you remember daylight savings time actually starts earlier now than in the past so depending on your phones software you may have to turn the auto-update off keep it on manual update. I had to do the same for my BJack due to outdated software. The easiest fix is to update it on your own because if you call customer service they'll tell you to do the same thing as well!!!

9 of 11 (126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 5:22:56 PM
(0)
Expert

PhoneScoop wrote:

Just tried explaining that to my son since his VCR didn't change either. I though they switched the dates a little. That's probably why.His VCR is a little older.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

PhoneScoop wrote:

Just tried explaining that to my son since his VCR didn't change either. I though they switched the dates a little. That's probably why.His VCR is a little older.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

10 of 11 (124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2009 8:57:36 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thank you !!!  I'm so ignorant of most of my cellphone functions... I did as you said.. deactivated the auto update & changed the time manually.  I feel a bit sheepish that I didn't figure that one out on my own.  I sure appreciate all of you trying to help.
Thank you !!!  I'm so ignorant of most of my cellphone functions... I did as you said.. deactivated the auto update & changed the time manually.  I feel a bit sheepish that I didn't figure that one out on my own.  I sure appreciate all of you trying to help.

11 of 11 (100 Views)