Ask a question

Posted Oct 21, 2009
    6:05:25 AM
    View profile
    Tilt2 Weather Forecast in Calander "Day" View
    Edited by CaryS on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:06:27 AM

I picked up my Tilt 2 on Friday from my local AT&T store and played around with it most of the weekend, before I started to read the 270 page User Manual. When I got to page 100 in the UM I discovered that the weather forecast is suppossed to appear in the calander "Day" view. My local city is set to "Local" in the World Clock screen and it matches my city selection in the "Weather" screen. However when I go to "Calander" and choose a "Day" view within the downloaded 4 day forecast, the weather forecast for that day does not appear.

I called HTC on Monday, because it seemed like a TF issue to me, and they said that they didn't even have an AT&T version in their possession yet so they were unable to help except to advise me to do a hard reset, which I had already done. Anyone else having this problem, or can you all see the weather forecast in the calander day view?

Message Edited by CaryS on 10-21-2009 06:06:08 AM
    Message Edited by CaryS on 10-21-2009 06:06:27 AM

Tilt2 Weather Forecast in Calander "Day" View

[ Edited ]
    10 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (10)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 21, 2009 7:34:45 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    Doesn't work on mine either.  It's probably a setting...just can't find where to turn it on.

Re: Tilt2 Weather Forecast in Calander "Day" View

2 of 11 (2,468 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 21, 2009 8:34:35 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

Try this:

Make sure your local city is in both the weather and world clock view. You MUST manually add your home city to the weather tab. If it is there, you may want to delete, and re add.

Once your city is showing up for weather, go back and click on the clock. Now select any other city from the list, and return to the clock. Now go back to the clock (Tap it again) and reselect your home city.

Now go back to the calendar, and you should see the weather for today, tomorrow, etc...

3 of 11 (2,448 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 21, 2009 8:53:39 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

It must be a Chicago thing.

I have 3 cities loaded in the weather page. Chicago (my home town), San Fran.& Las Vegas and the same 3 cities loaded in the world clock. When I switch my local time to SF or LV the weather does appear in the calendar day view, but when I switch back to Chicago...nothing. So weird, but now it seems like it won't be resolved unless I move somewhere else :mansad:

4 of 11 (2,445 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 21, 2009 9:01:22 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    Try to remove Chicago (I know some people who would like to move it to Florida to get away from the cold, but that is another story) and add it back in. If the others are working, it should. Just remember, to deselect it, then reselect it. YOu may want to try a quick reboot, and an update, but it should work

5 of 11 (2,439 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 21, 2009 9:02:24 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Just played around with it a little more and found a solution that doesn't require me to move. It appears that whatever city is located in the top position in the world clock, won't show the weather forecast in the calender day view. When I deleted "Chicago" from the world clock, leaving only SF & LV (SF was on top) and made SF my "local" time, the weather forecast did not display in the calender day view, where it had before.

After adding Chicago back in to the world clock, leaving it in the bottom position and changing it to "local", BAM, there it is in the calender day view.

6 of 11 (2,438 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 21, 2009 9:03:52 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

That worked.  I had not added my city (Lexington, KY) to my World Clock.  I did that, then selected it and made sure Lexington was selected in Weather...voila!!...shows the weather on day view in the calendar.

Thanks...this phone is great!

7 of 11 (2,435 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 21, 2009 9:04:07 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    Glad you found a workaround. Funny mine works fine for all locations, but at least you have a fix that works for you

8 of 11 (2,434 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 21, 2009 9:07:05 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Yea, I'll live with that quirk. I appreciate your suggestion nygman. It put my mind on the right track. Thank you!

9 of 11 (2,426 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 12, 2010 1:37:49 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

I just got this working in my Pure (same as Tilt2 for the most part).  I had tried before, but no dice...  I was doing it by selcting my local GMT time as my city.  But eventually it would always creat a seperate time/city for my local, and keep the local GMT on it's own if that makes any sense.  Anyways, I selected another time, and then went back and selected my local city in the clock, and then made sure the same city was selected in the weather tab, and VIOLA!  Weather in my calendar!  =)

10 of 11 (1,365 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 16, 2010 8:51:18 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

Wow, thanks for bringing this subject up after being dormant for so long. Somehow, I missed this neat little feature of my Tilt 2. But, thanks to this thread popping back up to the top, I followed the instructions posted earlier in the thread....and, now the local weather appears in my TF3D Calender (day view). Cool! Thanks to everybody for sharing this trick!

11 of 11 (386 Views)