Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 1, 2009
7:30:20 PM
Tilt 2 and youtube
Has anyone been able to get onto youtube through Opera or IE? I have skyfire but I don't really like the quality of the browser when it plays youtube videos. I already tried calling tech support and they have no clue they just told me that there are some phones that are unable to work with youtube. Please let me me know. Thanks!!
Has anyone been able to get onto youtube through Opera or IE? I have skyfire but I don't really like the quality of the browser when it plays youtube videos. I already tried calling tech support and they have no clue they just told me that there are some phones that are unable to work with youtube. Please let me me know. Thanks!!

Tilt 2 and youtube

38 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(38)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 9:54:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the time and  info!  I have looked at Total Comander a couple times and I'm not sure what I do to install it.  It's just not clear enough for me, I'm sure it's fine for most but I want to be sure I am using the right CAB's for my phone.  I have a AT&T TILT2 (6.5WM) with SPB Mobile Shell on it.  I am looking forward to having an improved file manager and being able to tweek the registry.  I would prefer to download just the CAB files I need so I can organize and save them.  I figure if I need to do a hard reset or uninstall/reinstall when debugging it easy and clean.

Does "Pocket+PocketPC Phone" mean windows mobile?

Sorry just too confusing for me....

I have no idea what arm, mips, sh3, x86 mean... 

Thanks,

Ralph-

Download CAB files of Total Commander 2.52 beta 2:

Devices with touch screen (Total Commander Pocket+PocketPC Phone):

• arm
  • mips
  • sh3
  • x86

Total Commander Smartphone (devices with NO touch screen):

• arm
  • x86

Total Commander for Windows CE:

• arm
  • mips
  • sh3
  • sh3
  •  

Thanks for the time and  info!  I have looked at Total Comander a couple times and I'm not sure what I do to install it.  It's just not clear enough for me, I'm sure it's fine for most but I want to be sure I am using the right CAB's for my phone.  I have a AT&T TILT2 (6.5WM) with SPB Mobile Shell on it.  I am looking forward to having an improved file manager and being able to tweek the registry.  I would prefer to download just the CAB files I need so I can organize and save them.  I figure if I need to do a hard reset or uninstall/reinstall when debugging it easy and clean.

Thanks,

Ralph-

• arm
  • mips
  • sh3
  • x86

• arm
  • x86

• arm
  • mips
  • sh3
  • sh3
  •  

Re: Tilt 2 and youtube

31 of 39 (3,189 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2010 8:47:42 AM
    (0)
    Mentor
    I chose the arm (highlighted below) and it works just fine on my Tilt2. 

dhummm wrote:

Thanks,

Ralph-

• arm
  • mips
  • sh3
  • x86

• arm
  • x86

• arm
  • mips
  • sh3
  • sh3
  •  

I chose the arm (highlighted below) and it works just fine on my Tilt2. 

dhummm wrote:

Thanks,

Ralph-

• arm
  • mips
  • sh3
  • x86

• arm
  • x86

• arm
  • mips
  • sh3
  • sh3
  •  

32 of 39 (3,138 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 23, 2010 2:54:30 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I can see the video working fine but there is no sound. Any ideas?
    I can see the video working fine but there is no sound. Any ideas?

33 of 39 (2,925 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 30, 2010 3:43:34 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

Hello  i recently purchased a att tilt2 and it does not have Youtbe software included...its not to be found in the windows folder or anywhere else. I did find the cab. file  on Freepocketpc.

Hello  i recently purchased a att tilt2 and it does not have Youtbe software included...its not to be found in the windows folder or anywhere else. I did find the cab. file  on Freepocketpc.

34 of 39 (2,780 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 6, 2010 1:43:35 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Edited by mod.moose on Jun 6, 2010 at 2:24:15 PM

Hey there I have a Tilt 2 that is well slow especially when your on the web but it can also be slow when running some programs   I have no new applications placed on the phone except Microsoft .NET CF 3.5  which I was told was 1 thing I had to download to solve the problem  Other than that I get a really annoyin "Message Sent" after I send a text message and Ive heard that you can change that  IF anyone can help me plz email me the "instructions for the stupid" at {Personal content removed for your safety} Ps - I also hear that AT&T will be discontinuing their unlimited data plans...Is this true and if so, why???  Please help ASAP

{moderator note:  If you want to receive email responses, please use the Subscription feature}

Hey there I have a Tilt 2 that is well slow especially when your on the web but it can also be slow when running some programs   I have no new applications placed on the phone except Microsoft .NET CF 3.5  which I was told was 1 thing I had to download to solve the problem  Other than that I get a really annoyin "Message Sent" after I send a text message and Ive heard that you can change that  IF anyone can help me plz email me the "instructions for the stupid" at {Personal content removed for your safety} Ps - I also hear that AT&T will be discontinuing their unlimited data plans...Is this true and if so, why???  Please help ASAP

{moderator note:  If you want to receive email responses, please use the Subscription feature}

[ Edited ]
    35 of 39 (1,911 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 6, 2010 1:48:50 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Edited by mod.moose on Jun 6, 2010 at 2:17:31 PM

Also along with my last reply  I get ppl tell anyone reading to download these cabs but I have the problem of getting it from my comp to my phone Any help to solve my phones speed or "message sent" issue would be appreciated  {Personal content removed for your safety}  ty

Also along with my last reply  I get ppl tell anyone reading to download these cabs but I have the problem of getting it from my comp to my phone Any help to solve my phones speed or "message sent" issue would be appreciated  {Personal content removed for your safety}  ty

[ Edited ]
    36 of 39 (1,911 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 6, 2010 4:23:20 PM
    (0)
    Expert

aj_vancil wrote:

I hear that AT&T will be discontinuing their unlimited data plans...Is this true and if so, why???  Please help ASAP

ATTM is discontinuing the unlimited plan but will be allowing people that have it already to keep it, but any new activations or changes to plan will require ou to pick fromt he $15 200 MB plan or the $25 2GB plan.

aj_vancil wrote:

I hear that AT&T will be discontinuing their unlimited data plans...Is this true and if so, why???  Please help ASAP

ATTM is discontinuing the unlimited plan but will be allowing people that have it already to keep it, but any new activations or changes to plan will require ou to pick fromt he $15 200 MB plan or the $25 2GB plan.

37 of 39 (1,889 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 7, 2010 5:19:10 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

aj_vancil wrote:

There are plenty of other threads about the Tilt2 regarding performance, how to make it faster, etc.  Just browsw or search the forums, or check the Rhodium area on XDA Developers.  This thread is about the Tilt1 and YouTube, so you won't get much help here trying to hijack the thread.

aj_vancil wrote:

There are plenty of other threads about the Tilt2 regarding performance, how to make it faster, etc.  Just browsw or search the forums, or check the Rhodium area on XDA Developers.  This thread is about the Tilt1 and YouTube, so you won't get much help here trying to hijack the thread.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

38 of 39 (1,871 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 7, 2010 5:20:54 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

aj_vancil wrote:

Use a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC, or use a card reader/adapter to put it on the MictoSD card from your PC.  Or just directly downlaod to your phone.

aj_vancil wrote:

Use a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC, or use a card reader/adapter to put it on the MictoSD card from your PC.  Or just directly downlaod to your phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

39 of 39 (1,870 Views)
    Advanced
    You must be signed in to add attachments