Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 2, 2010
1:56:04 PM
View profile
Tilt 2 Text Icon problem

I have a problem with my Text Message Icon on my Tilt 2...It says that I have 1 new message all the time...I've cleared all messages and it doesn't go away. Not a big deal, but it is kind of wierd!

I am hoping that I don't have to do a hard reset, but any ideas will help!

Thanks,

JT

I have a problem with my Text Message Icon on my Tilt 2...It says that I have 1 new message all the time...I've cleared all messages and it doesn't go away. Not a big deal, but it is kind of wierd!

I am hoping that I don't have to do a hard reset, but any ideas will help!

Thanks,

JT

Tilt 2 Text Icon problem

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2010 10:09:31 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Glomag on Jun 3, 2010 at 8:59:02 AM

I am having this same problem as well.

I read in another post about downloading a .cab file called FixUnreadCount that was posted on here in another post, and many people claimed that it worked!!! I tried this and it still did not correct this issue. I know alot of other people are having this problem and it appears to be a reoccuring thread from what I can gather.

So I maybe guessing that I may have installed this .cab file incorrectly on my phone. Could someone post or email me a correct step by step process to installing the program to my phone so I can resolve this matter. My email is {personal information edited}

Any Help would be Greatly appreciated!!!

~Bryan~

I read in another post about downloading a .cab file called FixUnreadCount that was posted on here in another post, and many people claimed that it worked!!! I tried this and it still did not correct this issue. I know alot of other people are having this problem and it appears to be a reoccuring thread from what I can gather.

So I maybe guessing that I may have installed this .cab file incorrectly on my phone. Could someone post or email me a correct step by step process to installing the program to my phone so I can resolve this matter. My email is {personal information edited}

~Bryan~

Re: Tilt 2 Text Icon problem

[ Edited ]
2 of 10 (2,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2010 7:05:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

Sometimes if you have a large list of texts they are hidden ! try deleting all of them , also check your deleted folder and clearing it out and see if that works !

Sometimes if you have a large list of texts they are hidden ! try deleting all of them , also check your deleted folder and clearing it out and see if that works !

3 of 10 (2,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2010 8:08:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Glomag on Jun 3, 2010 at 9:00:33 AM

pheonix802002 wrote:

~Bryan~

You just put the CAB onto you phone by the method of your choice (USB, putting it on the MicroSD, or direct download.  Then you just use the File Explorer or other file browser to browse to the file, then just click on the CAB, and it will install itself.  Its as simple as that.  They only way you could have possibly screwed it up is to put the CAB on your phone, but not actually install it.  Some CABs need a soft reset before the changes occur, so just power down the phone and power back up.

pheonix802002 wrote:

~Bryan~

You just put the CAB onto you phone by the method of your choice (USB, putting it on the MicroSD, or direct download.  Then you just use the File Explorer or other file browser to browse to the file, then just click on the CAB, and it will install itself.  Its as simple as that.  They only way you could have possibly screwed it up is to put the CAB on your phone, but not actually install it.  Some CABs need a soft reset before the changes occur, so just power down the phone and power back up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 10 (2,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2010 9:04:01 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

***Moderator note***  Per Forum Guidelines, please refrain from posting your or anyone else’s personal information on these Forums including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number or credit card information. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

***Moderator note***  Per Forum Guidelines, please refrain from posting your or anyone else’s personal information on these Forums including but not limited to name, physical or email address, age, phone number or credit card information. Thank you.

5 of 10 (2,172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2010 10:35:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

Excellent it worked.... Finally!!! Thanks for everyones help!!!

6 of 10 (2,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2010 12:04:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

pheonix802002 wrote:

Which Solution Worked ?

pheonix802002 wrote:

Which Solution Worked ?

7 of 10 (2,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2010 12:31:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I'm guessing he moved the CAB file to his phone, but never actually installed it.  Honest mistake if your a noob with this type of thing, I suppose.

I'm guessing he moved the CAB file to his phone, but never actually installed it.  Honest mistake if your a noob with this type of thing, I suppose.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 10 (2,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2010 10:18:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  Could you please post the .cab file here?  I haven't been able to find it anywhere else on the site.

Thank you

I am having the same problem.  Could you please post the .cab file here?  I haven't been able to find it anywhere else on the site.

Thank you

9 of 10 (2,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2010 6:01:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Jun 7, 2010 at 6:01:48 AM

See Post #3, in the thread below.  I think you might have to make a XDA login to download it.  But you should anyway.  XDA is invaluable if you own an HTC device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=330676

See Post #3, in the thread below.  I think you might have to make a XDA login to download it.  But you should anyway.  XDA is invaluable if you own an HTC device.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=330676

[ Edited ]
10 of 10 (2,052 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments