Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 1, 2010
6:43:06 AM
Tilt 2 Non Camera

I am shopping for a smart phone without a camera

I am interested in the Tilt 2 non-camera but It has been out of stock for weeks, At&t:  will this phone be available again anytime soon (or ever)?

I might go for the Blackberry bold non-camera, any opinions on which one is better?

I am shopping for a smart phone without a camera

I am interested in the Tilt 2 non-camera but It has been out of stock for weeks, At&t:  will this phone be available again anytime soon (or ever)?

I might go for the Blackberry bold non-camera, any opinions on which one is better?

Tilt 2 Non Camera

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 7:09:22 AM
(0)
Professor

Since this is a customer forum, we can only speculate. 

In order to get your question answered, you would need to contact AT&T directly.

Since this is a customer forum, we can only speculate. 

In order to get your question answered, you would need to contact AT&T directly.

Re: Tilt 2 Non Camera

2 of 6 (1,992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 7:17:21 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks, I wasn't sure if someone out there had some insider knowledge.  What about the comparison, any opinions?
Thanks, I wasn't sure if someone out there had some insider knowledge.  What about the comparison, any opinions?

3 of 6 (1,987 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 7:22:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

This forum is mainly used by customers like yourself.  So questions to ATT will likely go unanswered.  Try calling customer service.

I remember the non-camera version of the old Tilt being extremely limited (almost non-existant) in quantity.  A non-cam Tilt2 might be hard to get. It wouldn't surprise me if it never comes back into stock, unfortunately.

This forum is mainly used by customers like yourself.  So questions to ATT will likely go unanswered.  Try calling customer service.

I remember the non-camera version of the old Tilt being extremely limited (almost non-existant) in quantity.  A non-cam Tilt2 might be hard to get. It wouldn't surprise me if it never comes back into stock, unfortunately.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 7:26:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, I have been checking for premier website for a while.  Anyways, no-camera is a must for me, otherwise I'd probably get the iphone.  No camera really limits the options out there.

I will probably go with the the b-berry, although blackberries to me seem boring, and I am more interested in Windows Mobile.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, I have been checking for premier website for a while.  Anyways, no-camera is a must for me, otherwise I'd probably get the iphone.  No camera really limits the options out there.

I will probably go with the the b-berry, although blackberries to me seem boring, and I am more interested in Windows Mobile.

5 of 6 (1,981 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 7:42:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

True, non-camera options are very limited.

What phone works for you will depend on your needs.  Will you be employing your work's Blackberry server?  If its one thing that BB does very well, its email.  I'm not a BB user, but what I understand its more secure than other mobile email options.  And the BB servers strips the emails of a lot of unnecessary code, so the data use for BB email is much lighter and faster.  A friend of mine develops phones for T-Mobile, and can get any phone that carrier offers.  Last I checked, he was using a Blackberry, mainly because of how they excel at email.  One thing, the keyboard is much smaller on any BB than the Tilt2.  For some people that is fine, but others dislike the smaller BB keyboard. 

What you get out of Windows Mobile is versatility and customizability.  If there is something you want to change on your phone, you can likely find a hack thru the huge Windows Mobile user community.  The Tilt 2 has a huge, brilliant screen, big keyboard, and also has a great speakerphone.  It worked great for me at a remote site meeting, where the conference room had no phones.   I just flipped my Tilt2 over, and we had our conference call with the Tilt2's speakerphone. The downside about WM is that it still tends to be buggy.  Operation is not completely smooth and flawless, but any means.

True, non-camera options are very limited.

What phone works for you will depend on your needs.  Will you be employing your work's Blackberry server?  If its one thing that BB does very well, its email.  I'm not a BB user, but what I understand its more secure than other mobile email options.  And the BB servers strips the emails of a lot of unnecessary code, so the data use for BB email is much lighter and faster.  A friend of mine develops phones for T-Mobile, and can get any phone that carrier offers.  Last I checked, he was using a Blackberry, mainly because of how they excel at email.  One thing, the keyboard is much smaller on any BB than the Tilt2.  For some people that is fine, but others dislike the smaller BB keyboard. 

What you get out of Windows Mobile is versatility and customizability.  If there is something you want to change on your phone, you can likely find a hack thru the huge Windows Mobile user community.  The Tilt 2 has a huge, brilliant screen, big keyboard, and also has a great speakerphone.  It worked great for me at a remote site meeting, where the conference room had no phones.   I just flipped my Tilt2 over, and we had our conference call with the Tilt2's speakerphone. The downside about WM is that it still tends to be buggy.  Operation is not completely smooth and flawless, but any means.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (1,974 Views)