Wireless Forums

Posted Jun 14, 2010
7:38:47 AM
View profile
Tilt 2 Microphones for Speakerphone

Hi Folks,

Have had my refurb Tilt2 for about a week, and just making sure everything works OK.

I noticed that if I have it on speakerphone, only one of the mics (the one at the bottom)

seems to work.  When I whisper into the other one on the side, I don't hear anything

(on a different phone that was called).

If somebody has a minute, could they do the same test & let me know if both mics are

actually used?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Folks,

Have had my refurb Tilt2 for about a week, and just making sure everything works OK.

I noticed that if I have it on speakerphone, only one of the mics (the one at the bottom)

seems to work.  When I whisper into the other one on the side, I don't hear anything

If somebody has a minute, could they do the same test & let me know if both mics are

actually used?

Thanks,

Tim

Tilt 2 Microphones for Speakerphone

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 8:42:47 AM
(0)
Expert

tim301 wrote:

Hi Folks,

actually used?
     Thanks,
Tim

Is this what you are referring to.......

To turn on the speakerphone during a conference call (Came from Page 64)

While a call or conference call is in progress, you can turn on the speakerphone by simply placing your device face down. Your device provides crystal-clear sound quality and voice reception during conference calls. When the speakerphone is on, your device also enables the dual microphone to enhance your voice quality and reduce noise.
http://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/manuals/HTC_Tilt2.pdf

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

tim301 wrote:

Hi Folks,

actually used?
     Thanks,
Tim

Is this what you are referring to.......

To turn on the speakerphone during a conference call (Came from Page 64)

While a call or conference call is in progress, you can turn on the speakerphone by simply placing your device face down. Your device provides crystal-clear sound quality and voice reception during conference calls. When the speakerphone is on, your device also enables the dual microphone to enhance your voice quality and reduce noise.
http://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/manuals/HTC_Tilt2.pdf

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: Tilt 2 Microphones for Speakerphone

2 of 3 (689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 2:03:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi Wilcre,

I understand how the speakerphone works, I am just not sure that both of the

microphones are functioning properly.

While it is on the desk, if I whisper directly into one of the microphones, the person

on the other end can hear me perfectly. 

If I whisper into the other microphone, the other user does not hear me whispering.

I wish to know if this is correct, or should I return the phone for another one.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Wilcre,

I understand how the speakerphone works, I am just not sure that both of the

microphones are functioning properly.

While it is on the desk, if I whisper directly into one of the microphones, the person

on the other end can hear me perfectly. 

If I whisper into the other microphone, the other user does not hear me whispering.

I wish to know if this is correct, or should I return the phone for another one.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Tilt 2 Microphones for Speakerphone

3 of 3 (673 Views)