Tilt 2 Microphones for Speakerphone

Teacher

Tilt 2 Microphones for Speakerphone

Hi Folks,

Have had my refurb Tilt2 for about a week, and just making sure everything works OK.

I noticed that if I have it on speakerphone, only one of the mics (the one at the bottom)

seems to work.  When I whisper into the other one on the side, I don't hear anything

(on a different phone that was called).

If somebody has a minute, could they do the same test & let me know if both mics are

actually used?

Thanks,

Tim

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Tilt 2 Microphones for Speakerphone

tim301 wrote:

Hi Folks,

Have had my refurb Tilt2 for about a week, and just making sure everything works OK.

I noticed that if I have it on speakerphone, only one of the mics (the one at the bottom)

seems to work.  When I whisper into the other one on the side, I don't hear anything

(on a different phone that was called).
     If somebody has a minute, could they do the same test & let me know if both mics are

actually used?
     Thanks,
Tim

Is this what you are referring to.......

To turn on the speakerphone during a conference call (Came from Page 64)

While a call or conference call is in progress, you can turn on the speakerphone by simply placing your device face down. Your device provides crystal-clear sound quality and voice reception during conference calls. When the speakerphone is on, your device also enables the dual microphone to enhance your voice quality and reduce noise.
http://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/manuals/HTC_Tilt2.pdf

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Tilt 2 Microphones for Speakerphone

Hi Wilcre,

I understand how the speakerphone works, I am just not sure that both of the

microphones are functioning properly.

While it is on the desk, if I whisper directly into one of the microphones, the person

on the other end can hear me perfectly. 

If I whisper into the other microphone, the other user does not hear me whispering.

I wish to know if this is correct, or should I return the phone for another one.

Thanks,

Tim

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support