Three Days Past 30 Day Trial Period

Contributor

Three Days Past 30 Day Trial Period

[ Edited ]

So I opened up an AT&T account and bought myself a Samsung Focus S on release date (Nov 6th). I have had trouble with its battery since day one. I finally decided I want to change the phone for an iPhone 4S (16GB so it's the same value as my Focus S). My problem is, I am 3 days past the 30 windows for exchanges, and even though AT&T Service Rep online told me it will be okay since it's just a few days, no stores in my area have been helpful. 

I've tried a lot of different stores and I don't know what to do next. I cannot use my phone on a daily basis because the battery dies within 12 hours of normal use. I've tried exchanging for a different battery and that doesn't help.

The only other solution than simply exchanging it would be to cancel my AT&T account, and use my older Verizon phone which I have not disconnected yet. Is there anything I can do to convince the AT&T store managers to be as helpful as the online chat rep I spoke to? 

Message 1 of 5 (1,595 Views)
Expert

Re: Three Days Past 30 Day Trial Period

StriderNo9 wrote:

So I opened up an AT&T account and bought myself a Samsung Focus S on release date (Nov 6th). I have had trouble with its battery since day one. I finally decided I want to change the phone for an iPhone 4S (16GB so it's the same value as my Focus S). My problem is, I am 3 days past the 30 windows for exchanges, and even though AT&T Service Rep online told me it will be okay since it's just a few days, no stores in my area have been helpful. 

I've tried a lot of different stores and I don't know what to do next. I cannot use my phone on a daily basis because the battery dies within 12 hours of normal use. I've tried exchanging for a different battery and that doesn't help.

The only other solution than simply exchanging it would be to cancel my AT&T account, and use my older Verizon phone which I have not disconnected yet. Is there anything I can do to convince the AT&T store managers to be as helpful as the online chat rep I spoke to? 

Have you spoken to support to see about a different battery or do a warranty exchange? Canceling will cost you your ending bill plus about a 350.00 etf

Message 2 of 5 (1,557 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I have changed the battery twice to no avail. Looking around the internet everyone seems to be having this issue. Yes, cancelling my service would cost $350, but sticking to my Verizon phone would still be cheaper than having to buy an unsubsidied iPhone 4S from AT&T.

Is there any way to get help with this issue?

Message 3 of 5 (1,550 Views)
Former Employee

I bet if you sell you current phone and save the ETF it'll actually be cheaper to purchase an iPhone at the full price. Keep in mind how much you have to pay for service too on top of the early termination fee, you won't get any of that money back if you cancel now. One more thing I want to add is that in my experience iPhone's battery life is worse than Galaxy's. Look into battery saving tips for android phones on the web.
Message 4 of 5 (1,537 Views)
Expert

StriderNo9 wrote:

I have changed the battery twice to no avail. Looking around the internet everyone seems to be having this issue. Yes, cancelling my service would cost $350, but sticking to my Verizon phone would still be cheaper than having to buy an unsubsidied iPhone 4S from AT&T.

Is there any way to get help with this issue?

One thing I would do is contact the manufacturer of the phone and talk with their techs on it, there is a warranty on the phone, the other choice is to contact ATT for warranty service and if I recall correctly they will honor the warranty with a phone swap out if they test it and find an issue - but it will be a refurb you get in exchange. Go the manufacturer route first

Message 5 of 5 (1,533 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.