Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 19, 2009
1:53:28 PM
View profile
Thought this was funny
I got the AT&T navigator with my bb. Wasn't sure I'd keep it. But used it on my recent trip to Mobile and it worked like a charm. Loved it. What I found amusing though was that when you'd first start it at the beginning of your trip, it would say checking for traffic. The first couple of times, I waited. I knew it would come back with something like, "traffic is heavy, rerouting to avoid traffic" or "traffic light ahead." Something, right? LOL, nothing. Not even when I got caught in a traffic jam on I-10. I guess AT&T Navigator is keeping its check to itself. LOL
I got the AT&T navigator with my bb. Wasn't sure I'd keep it. But used it on my recent trip to Mobile and it worked like a charm. Loved it. What I found amusing though was that when you'd first start it at the beginning of your trip, it would say checking for traffic. The first couple of times, I waited. I knew it would come back with something like, "traffic is heavy, rerouting to avoid traffic" or "traffic light ahead." Something, right? LOL, nothing. Not even when I got caught in a traffic jam on I-10. I guess AT&T Navigator is keeping its check to itself. LOL

Thought this was funny

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2009 3:40:26 PM
(0)
Contributor
Yeah... I kept navigator on my account since it came out . I started to use it a lot here recently and after two wild goose chases, I cancelled the service. Directions to the Mall of Ga Macys that ended up in a subdivision and then a Pearl Vision trip that ended up in an abandoned appartment complex soured my relationship with it. I use google maps now. If I need turn by turn again one day I may reactivate it but right now I'm taking a break from it.
Yeah... I kept navigator on my account since it came out . I started to use it a lot here recently and after two wild goose chases, I cancelled the service. Directions to the Mall of Ga Macys that ended up in a subdivision and then a Pearl Vision trip that ended up in an abandoned appartment complex soured my relationship with it. I use google maps now. If I need turn by turn again one day I may reactivate it but right now I'm taking a break from it.

Re: Thought this was funny

2 of 6 (1,109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2009 5:11:04 AM
(0)
Master

lpudas wrote:

that's so odd. I'm so glad it checked traffic.. But, it would be nice if it let you know how it is!

I havent tried navigation with att yet. I've tried it when I had verizon. It came in handy once or twice when I had gotten lost. It was neat cause I paid a fee to use it for 24hrs instead of a monthly fee. it was about two dollars I think.

lpudas wrote:

that's so odd. I'm so glad it checked traffic.. But, it would be nice if it let you know how it is!

I havent tried navigation with att yet. I've tried it when I had verizon. It came in handy once or twice when I had gotten lost. It was neat cause I paid a fee to use it for 24hrs instead of a monthly fee. it was about two dollars I think.

3 of 6 (1,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2009 2:49:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

I wish AT&T would do a per use or per day charge. I really don't need it often where I live but boy, it sure came in handy in Mobile. Probably won't need it again til November when I go to New Orleans. I'm not sure whether its worth it or not. But it was so hand when I went to Mobile.

I wish AT&T would do a per use or per day charge. I really don't need it often where I live but boy, it sure came in handy in Mobile. Probably won't need it again til November when I go to New Orleans. I'm not sure whether its worth it or not. But it was so hand when I went to Mobile.

4 of 6 (1,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2009 9:24:04 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Mister Xiado on Jun 20, 2009 at 9:24:29 PM
Umm, you CAN use AT&T Navigator one day at a time. Unless it's been retired, there's a one-day subscription option you can use whenever you want to.
Message Edited by Mister Xiado on 06-21-2009 12:24:29 AM

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Umm, you CAN use AT&T Navigator one day at a time. Unless it's been retired, there's a one-day subscription option you can use whenever you want to.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (1,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2009 5:42:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

Mister Xiado wrote:

Wow, thanks, I will check that out. To me, that would be ideal.

Mister Xiado wrote:

Wow, thanks, I will check that out. To me, that would be ideal.

6 of 6 (1,003 Views)