Those who have no antenna issues tell us your S/N

Scholar

Those who have no antenna issues tell us your S/N

Just got this off GIZMODO and i thought it would be smart to open a discussion of SN's to see who is and who isn't having the issue with the antenna and proximity sensor.   Let's see if this claim has any fact behind it.  Also, I heard the middle numbers represent the week.  So it would be 8423 or 24 or 25 depending on the week it was made.  Right now I have seen alot of week 28's being sent out.  Can anyone confirm?

Here is the comment I saw:

cypren

For what it's worth, I exchanged my iPhone today and got another dud unit with the exact same problems. A friend with some industry sources tells me that the 8xxx serial numbers are the dud units and the fixed units begin with 7Rxxx or 7Sxxx, and indeed all of my dud phones have had 8xxx S/Ns.

This is the article:
BTW Please don't post your full serial number.  put x's after the first numbers to avoid malicious use. 
Message 1 of 43
Scholar

Re: Those who have no antenna issues tell us your S/N

Preordered, got it 1 day before release.  I can reproduce the death grip.

Message 31 of 43
Guru

Neihn wrote:

StephenC56 wrote:

This would mean my iPhone was built betwwen Sun 04 Jul, 2010 - Sat 10 Jul, 2010......

Does not sound right. My phone shipped on the 9th.

Yeah it could very well be right. Remember Apple is to the point where once its made its essentially going straight to a customer.

88026XXXXXX

Message 32 of 43
Mentor

7R026 no problems, Been showing full bars at home till the update now show 3 bars.

It's going to come down to what most already knew, Att needs to update the towers. 

I can go 1/4 mile down the street to a friends and none of my phones have a 3g signal, Samsung,3gs,i4, but all get full edge service. nobody at my work with att can get more then 1 bar with 3g. but switch to edge and you have full bars. Both places are in town. I just switched from Verizon and always had a full signal.

Message 33 of 43
Contributor

88023xxx and I cannot reproduce the signal issue.

Message 34 of 43
Mentor

87025 - No issues.

Message 35 of 43
Professor

87026xxxxxx and not a single thing wrong with it. Smiley Happy Bought mine at AT&T corporate store in Sonora, CA on 6/29. 

Message 36 of 43
Mentor

catsmomsny wrote:

Two 32gb in my family with s/n 88025xxxxxx with no issues Smiley Happy

After seeing a demonstration on TV this AM about where to touch the phone to get the signal drop, I tried it on mine.  I have to admit that I did get the signal drop when I removed my case and touched it at that bridge spot on the left side, where the side metal strip meets the bottom strip.  So I guess I have to change that to say that I DO have the antenna issue.  However I always keep the case on the phone, so I don't have a signal problem with the case on, no matter where I touch the phone. 

Message 37 of 43
Scholar

catsmomsny wrote:

catsmomsny wrote:

Two 32gb in my family with s/n 88025xxxxxx with no issues Smiley Happy

After seeing a demonstration on TV this AM about where to touch the phone to get the signal drop, I tried it on mine.  I have to admit that I did get the signal drop when I removed my case and touched it at that bridge spot on the left side, where the side metal strip meets the bottom strip.  So I guess I have to change that to say that I DO have the antenna issue.  However I always keep the case on the phone, so I don't have a signal problem with the case on, no matter where I touch the phone. 

yeap hence the no problem with a case on.  I wouldnt think of sporting it without a case.  thats just silly.  so i'm sure i will be fine but at this point since i had to reorder i am sure i am getting the new batch.

Message 38 of 43
Professor

88023******. No issues.

In fact, my iPhone 4 has noticeably better reception than my former 3G, which I just sold for more money than I paid for it 2 years ago!

Gotta love Apple products! They've got their detractors, but they're obviously doing something right.

Message 39 of 43
Mentor

SLIKRICK wrote:

88023******. No issues.

In fact, my iPhone 4 has noticeably better reception than my former 3G, which I just sold for more money than I paid for it 2 years ago!

Gotta love Apple products! They've got their detractors, but they're obviously doing something right.

Did you sell your 3G on Ebay?  After upgrading, we now have two 3G's that I need to sell at some point, so I'm wondering what the best options are for us. 

Message 40 of 43
Professor

82025, I do have the death grip issue. I have the hack from my 3GS where the phone was stuck on showing the dBs instead of the signal bars, this transferred over to the iPhone 4 in a restore.

Anyway, the phone does drop bars when held in that area, but it seems only when the signal is already poor. For instance, when I'm at home, I'll have -53 or -60 dB on my MicroCell and the death grip does nothing. Having the dBs on the new phone is great, specially because there is no field test option on the new phone as far as I can tell.

I did have one issue with the proximity sensor, it did turn the speaker on accidentally. The screen flashed on and then back off so fast I barely noticed.

Message 41 of 43
Scholar

80025 ... no problems with mine at all =]

Message 42 of 43
Highlighted
Professor

catsmomsny wrote:

Did you sell your 3G on Ebay?  After upgrading, we now have two 3G's that I need to sell at some point, so I'm wondering what the best options are for us. 

You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support