Helpful Links

Thinking Of Switching From Verizon To AT&T...Help

Contributor

Thinking Of Switching From Verizon To AT&T...Help

I'm thinking of switching from Verizon to AT&T....Has anyone else done the same thing?  How do you like AT&T?

I don't care about customer service.  I don't care about dropped calls.

We want the cheaper option.

We are going to want a family plan with 5 lines, 2 of them having a $15 data plan.  Very minimum amount of minutes and unlimited text messaging.

Right now at Verizon we pay $140 a month for 3 lines, one of them has an unlimited data plan.

That is including 20% off that we get through my work.

We need to add 2 more lines which would bring the total to $160.

And one of the lines needs a data plan so if we stick with Verizon our monthly bill would be about $200.

Would it be worth it to switch to AT&T?

Verizon has the worst selection of phones and the way that they do their upgrades is stupid.  They keep giving us different answers everytime we ask them about our service.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Thinking Of Switching From Verizon To AT&T...Help

I switched from Verizon to AT&T and I am very happy with them. I rarely drop calls and my data is much faster now. If you are getting a smart phone with AT&T their network is superior for data. It drove me nuts on verizon when I wanted to use my phone on speakerphone and look something up at the same time and couldn't. AT&T uses GSM so you can put people on hold and make 3way calls etc which I don't think you can do on verizon. I haven't had any problems with AT&T's customer service either - I'm not sure why they have such a bad reputation.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I have been with AT&T ever since the merge with Cingular. I have never had a problem with the network. Most of the people that I know that have problems are the iPhone users. I have nothing to do with Apple products and never will. I think you will be happy with the customer service even though you say you are not concerned with it. Dropped calls are a non issue. The phone prices are the biggest advantage. When it comes time to get a new phone there is always a nice phone at a realatively inexpensive price.

Message 3 of 4
Master

There are some great points being made here. With my experience, I cancelled my month-to-month service with Verizon and joined AT&T for prepaid service on Christmas of December 2009. I have been fairly satisfied ever since. Verizon was just too pricey for my liking... I didn't like the expensive plans and the limited plan I was getting for what I was paying monthly for. I decided to ditch the big V and took my business to AT&T after I was referred by a friend to join.

Overall, I like AT&T. They have a decent phone selection and understandable policies and fair prices. The only exception customers may not find attractive is that AT&T does no longer have its Unlimited Data plan. Despite that disappointment to some people, less than 98% of AT&T customers use less than 2GB of data per month. That's why the plan was tiered - to help existing and potential customers such as yourself to save money on their data plan.

I haven't had many coverage issues with AT&T. The only times I can remember were when I was in a thick forest of woods, and I could only get a bar or two of EDGE. Other than that, I am pleased with my service.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support