The "Android Experience"

Master

The "Android Experience"

I am proudly (and finally) a part of the Android world. I have just witnessed the "Android Experience" as of last night.

I have had some apps in the past that I have wanted to get so badly on my phone that I had already had on my Apple iPod Touch. I have looked in the Android Market, found the ones that I wanted, but when I went to download them, they would never download while on Wi-Fi. I thought it would never work and I would not be able to have those particular apps on my phone.

Last night, I tried to download the Angry Birds app again, seeing if it would work. I had a very strong Wi-Fi signal and proceeded to install the app. To my surprise, the app actually downloaded! It finally worked! After all this time, I could finally download apps on my Android phone from the Android Market!

As soon as Angry Birds was installed, I decided to install the other two versions. Then I looked for more. And more. I was hooked! I downloaded games, utilities, and and sweet live wallpapers. My phone is now very well-equipped with the latest Android has to offer. I am so proud to be an Android user!

Has anyone else witnessed the "Android Experience"?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 41
Professor

Re: The "Android Experience"

Yes one device is easier to carry around than two or more. I do hope SAM III will be an android for you but if you get a great deal on an iphone, that's great.
Message 16 of 41
Master

Indeed. I'll have to keep my Captivate for as long as I can, or just sell both and get an iPhone 3G/3GS and such. I've seriously been thinking about it lately. I really can't live without Android, though... Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 41
Professor

What are some neat data plans on iPhones these days?
Message 18 of 41
Master

What is the one thing you still need a ipod/iphone for, WB?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 41
Professor

Ann(droid154) we need to commission an r2d2 to transport to wb's pod and give'em a little bite on the ear so he will stay with us androidians. Wont be the same without the wb :0o Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 41
Master

When I (finally) get around to downloading DoubleTwist from the Android Market, then I can put my iPod music onto my Captivate. Ahh, who am I kiddin'? I can't part from Android! It's got me hooked! I've only just started the "Android Experience".

Part of the reason why I would like to get an iPhone is to just have to carry around one device with me instead of two. Right now I carry my Captivate and iPod Touch around with me. With the iPhone, there's already an iPod application built into the phone, so there goes the iPod. The operation and interface is the same on the iPhone (I believe), so it should not take any getting used to.

But I have really "fallen in love" with Android and everything it has to offer. The iPhone does not run on Android... Smiley Indifferent

Message 21 of 41
Professor

G I T a dell Streak. Two for the price.of one Smiley Wink lol we aint letting our android bro go so fast! Smiley Very Happy
Message 22 of 41
Master

Hmmm...the Streak is too big for my liking... Smiley Very Happy Plus, I have spent over $580 over the course of a year-and-a-half just for electronic device purchases alone! Smiley Surprised

I wish these phones would work! I can trust my Captivate, though.

Message 23 of 41
Professor

You sound like you are a true gadget'n guy like the rest of us guys Smiley Wink
Message 24 of 41
Master

I would have to agree, I enjoy my electronics. I usually don't let anybody touch them either - not unless they are careful or their hands are clean!

Message 25 of 41
Professor

Lolx3 meeeee too! Even to this day TED-III knows no other grabby hands but mine... Smiley Very Happy
Message 26 of 41
Master

Which is definitely a good thing. If anyone tries to wrongfully take 'eem, if the event should ever occur, that Android knows what to do - ring and vibrate to get your attention so that "he" can be safe once again in your ownership!

Message 27 of 41
Professor

Now thats the kinda a i like Smiley Wink
Message 28 of 41
Master

I am starting to see myself wanting a tablet. Waiting for more options with Honeycomb and lower prices.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 41
Professor

With all the tablets turning out lately, prices have to come down soon!
Message 30 of 41
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support